"Ted is making pancakes." Said Andromeda. She was looking at Annabelle. Only at Annabelle.

Annabelle must be the colour of a lobster. If someone spread tartar on her she could pass off as the seafood delicacy.

"Pancakes sound good." Said Annabelle. Andromeda nodded.

"You're feeling better?" Andromeda said, directed at Regulus. Still looking at Annabelle. The white hot flame flickered.

"Not particularly." Said Regulus.

"Snogging is a remedy to very few ailments." Said Andromeda. Annabelle felt her stomach roll into a tight little bow. "Annie. Nymphadora is asking for you."

"Oh. Alright." Said Annabelle, moving away from Regulus, who managed to sit up a little to kiss her chastely before she could leave.

Annabelle blushed furiously unused to the practically public display of affection.

Annabelle left the room. Andromeda remained. She looked at her baby cousin. All grown up.

"Muggles put a sock on the door." Said Andromeda, she did not approach him.

"Muggles also have competitive eating contests." Said Regulus.

"Regulus." Started Andromeda. "Do you ever feel selfish?"

"For what?" Asked Regulus. Andromeda shook her head and looked away from him.

"I see how she looks at Ted. Like a child looks at superman." Said Andromeda. "It's sweet. But naive."

"I do not know who this superman fellow is." Said Regulus. "How could my loving her be selfish? Of all things?"

Regulus was bleeding through the bandage on his shoulder but he did not care.

"You should have chosen her then." Said Andromeda.

"And you call Belle naive. I didn't have a choice."

"There is always a choice. Sirius made it. I made it-"

"Please." Scoffed Regulus. "Sirius had a spare. And open fireplaces. And an apparition license which never faced sporadic suspensions. And you- well you got knocked up Dromeda. Disownment is not the same as making a choice."

Andromeda's hands balled into fists.

"You backed yourself into that corner you feel so safe in, Regulus." Said Andromeda. "I am going to miss Annie when you get her killed."

"You have no idea-"

"You came to my home for her." Said Andromeda. "You're a death eater. In my house. For her. You know this means she cannot stay here if you will always come for her- You. Are. Selfish. I miss my little cousin. Not whatever this imitation of him is."

"I love her."

Andromeda shook her head. And she walked away.

"It makes perfect sense," Said Annabelle.

"Belle. No it does not." Said Regulus, stirring the sugar into her tea. "Tonks, perhaps she'll listen to you." Regulus' eyes never left Annabelle.

Ted flipped a pancake onto the plate. Annabelle's chair was close to Regulus'. Her hand on his shoulder, idly fixing his bandages.

Ted set the pancakes on the table. Nymphadora was drawing a picture next to him.

"Perhaps." Ted mimicked.

Regulus was wearing a jumper Annabelle had very clearly made for him it was knit and green with small cat patterns on the cuffs, bandages visible on his collarbone.