Chapter 28 ~ Reunited

I'd never given much thought about the bond between man, and man's best friend. Truly unbreakable. Unbreakable Bonds.

If dogs could scream, I would've screamed the whole world down. If dogs could talk, I could've saved many many people. If dogs had thumbs, I could open doors!

Gahh! Stupid door, why won't you open?

I scuttled underneath a wooden oak desk, having the upper hand, just in case anything went sideways. Or so that the next person to walk through that door becomes my chew toy. And let me tell you something, the last chew toy I had, was taken of me. I didn't mean to let go of the rope. I didn't purposely get that little girl hit.

Although, it was quite funny.

I laid down, resting my head between my paws, while waiting for someone to rescue me, or to be a chew to- I mean food.

Whenever I dared to close my eyes, I would be haunted by those ocean blue eyes.

They looked familiar, but I just couldn't quite manage to put my finger, more like paw on it.

Agitated, I began to pace along the concrete floor, wearing my claws down.

I can't think. If I think then I have to face the music. And I'm just learning how to sing.

God, was I tired. I needed rest.

Keeping my eyes open was lifting about a tonne of brick that felt very heavy. I heard footsteps, marching their way towards the room I was in.

I didn't like one bit of this anxious wait. My fluffing brain was failing me, allowing my eyeballs to leak, this clear liquid, that smelt salty.

The knob turned slowly, allowing the door to open.

Instinctively, I hid behind the door as it swung wide, so that not a single soul could see me. Unless of course they shut the door.

I completely forgot about my earlier fatigue, as the people shut the door.

I immediately recognized the blond ugly motherfucker, along with his bitch ass brown haired fucker of a sidekick.  Pierce.

I felt a growl form in my throat, as my fur rose up.

I tried to make myself look as big and scary as I could, but it didn't faze Rumlow.

Pierce on the other hand seemingly backed away, acknowledging the fact that I was not afraid to take a chunk out of his ass.

How is he still alive by the way might I add?! I sware he was fucking gone- I mean like I saw his dead body. He did not move an inch went I stood on his face.

Hm, the last time I checked I also know that Rumlow died, right about after Wanda used her witchy woo to trap him in the fire range of his own bomb that went off.

I was brought back to reality, as I subconsciously let out the most vicious snarl that I possibly could.

"Woah, woah, woah, easy there tiger, don't go getting all riled up because you and your buddies killed my boss right here. Or that you killed me. Because you know what, I think that it's about time that we got our experiment back. After all, you did pass the first few stages of Project Shadow Wolf. All that is left now, is to use this syrum," he paused momentarily to show a black fluid in a syringe before continuing, "and jab into your neck, wipe you, then off you go."

I instantly backed away into the far corner, sudden fear taking over my body.

Before I could even blink, Rumlow took two steps forth, and pierced my skin, letting the syrum flow through my veins.