Chapter 3 ~ A Saturday of Pain

Our time together seemed to fly by, as I gained a strong bond with both Pietro and Wanda, who I learned by the way were Quicksilver, and the Scarlet Witch - both ex-hydra experiments.

Before I knew it, it was Saturday. I had no idea what today would bring, all I knew, was that Pietro and Wanda were coming today.

Saturday, 0318 (army time) 03:18

I let out cries and whines wanting Riley or Pietro. I whimpered at the memory of Riley being hit. I dont know what ever happened...
Why did he leave me? Was I just not good enough? Did he not love me?

*flashback*

I glanced over my shoulder to see Riley and other members of the team stood smartly dressed awaiting the correct moment to go.

Riley looked at me reassuringly, calming my nerves, after he obviously saw me searching the area for any likely threats. Usually, that should be expected from a military dog, but Riley could sense my uneasiness as I tugged on my lead ever so slightly.

All of a sudden there was a loud bang a smoke appeared, clouding my vision.
I whined as I no longer felt my lead being held as a series of bullets ricocheted through my ears.

I felt a bullet pierce my chest and yelped at the pain.

I painfully tried to find anybody on our side as blood poured out of my chest.

Before I knew it, a big explosion blasted me away and threw me to the ground with a hard thud.

I saw Riley with a crimson substance on his chest, the same as me.

I army crawled my way over to him slowly curling up next to him, wincing at the pain in my leg.

*end of flashback*

I let out a long heart-breaking howl, awaiting for Riley to walk through the doors and take me home.

But no one came...

Saturday, 0623 (army time) 06:23

I was still crying, waiting for Pietro or Wanda.

I whimpered at the thought of Pietro and Wanda disappearing like Riley too.

I thought I heard the sound of footsteps and my ears perked up, listening for the door to open. And then, someone finally walked through the doors, slamming them behind him.

This wasn't Riley, or Pietro, or Wanda.

It was the Peterson guy who had a bowl of food in his hands. I lost interest, seeing it was just him, letting out a high pitched whine that seemed to make Peterson move faster.

I stood up after he left, shaking my coat out.

Man did I wish that Pietro would walk through them doors right away.

With my final thought I began gobbling my food barely even chewing it.

Saturday, 0842 (army time) 08:42

I had fallen asleep for a couple of hours only to be woken up by the sound of Peterson's footsteps collecting my bowl.

I was feeling lonely and vulnerable today, so I was going to risk it.

I slowly rose to my feet and trotted over to Peterson, who was startled at the fact I went over to him by choice.

He backed up a bit. I gently placed my head against the wire holding me in.

He gently reached out, stroking my fur gently. "Wow girl, you really do have a heart. Well, that would have been a lot more useful earlier but-" he hesitated, pausing for a few seconds before recovering himself, "but now they are gonna take you away." he finished.

With that he grabbed my bowl, and left leaving me stood against the wire of my cage, whining.

Saturday, 0954 (army time) 09:54

I was overwhelmed by a collective group of footsteps.

I counted four sets. Two completely in unison, most likely guards. One was Peterson, but I couldn't quite recognize who the other sets were.

I didn't really have much time to think as they waltzed into the room.

I regained composure, feeling their gazes fixed on me. My fur bristled in anxiety, causing my body to to tense.

The guy in the white lab coat stayed behind as Peterson unlocked the gate, allowing the guards to have access, once they opened the gate, to walk in.

My ears pinned to the sides of my head. My legs stiffened, at the mere though as I let out a gut - wrenching snarl.

No one flinched, but I could smell their fear dripping of them like a lake.

God it's been so long since I was at a lake. I could still picture it inside my head. The water glimmering capturing the sun's dazzling essence. Birds chirping, singing a sweet song, as the trees danced in the gentle breeze. The smells of the slightly salty water reaching my nose as I thought of the smell of bacon treats.

MhM, did I love my bacon treats. The smell is just uhh. The sound of the soft crunch filling my ears as I chomped on them. The reds and shaped looking ever so fine and very delicate. It sweet, intoxicating smell, they smelt so heavenly. Uh. And the taste they are just so bacony and god I've never tasted anything better than bacon treats. I would kill for bacon treats. They are just so precious I could just tas- I quickly came back, from being very very sidetracked (we don't question how we got side tracked...), to reality as the gate swung open, with the guards making their way towards me in advance. I took he advantage of not wearing my muzzle, and charged sta tg ight for one of them and pierced the flesh of his arm.

After a while of fighting and a lot of blood being spilled, and bites and punches exchanged I was wrestled into a muzzle.

"Well that took too much effort,"

A lead was attached to my collar, as I was dragged away, leaving my sanity behind.

I let out cries, whines, barks, growls and howls as I was being pulled along.

If I had to go anywhere with these people, I wasn't gonna back down without a fight.