13| All Night Long

"What's the promise?"

"You have to promise me we'll do something adventurous every time we meet." I furrowed my eyebrows and cocked my head to the side. "What do you mean adventurous?"

"I mean, I'm not saying we have to jump off a cliff every time we see each other. I want us to do something outside of work."

"Why?"

"We might as well milk this and get as much out of it."

"Mhm, well, we haven't done anything adventurous since I've been here," I smiled. Prince walked out of the room. He returned to the kitchen with two wine glasses and the treat he picked up. "Are you ready for the best night of your life?"

I didn't expect him to bring out alcohol. Prince placed the items on the coffee table. He pulled a wine key out of his pocket and popped the top off the wine.

The liquid hitting the bottom of the glass rang in my ears. He passed me a glass of wine filled halfway. "I am underage, Mr. Nelson," I joked.

"Well, let's just hope the police don't come knocking," he laughed. I took a long sip and let the unfamiliar taste simmer in my mouth.

Prince stared at me through his glass as he sipped. "Do you drink this often?" I picked up the wine bottle and read the name. Napa Cabernet Sauvignon.

"Yea, I ran out of it a few months ago." He took another sip and put his feet on the couch. "So, you don't drink often?" Prince shook his head.

"Nah, I like to have fun sometimes but not too much. I drink a little bit now and then, but I rarely get drunk." I got off the couch and grabbed his hand. "What are you doing?"

"We can't just drink all night?" I wanted to make this evening unforgettable. I took him into the photo room. "So, who's the model tonight?" I turned around and strolled backward. "You."

When I took a step, Prince took a step. I pushed him into the chair beside me. He was in front of a velvet backdrop. "Ouch, you didn't have to throw me that hard," he hissed.

"Oh, don't be such a baby." I returned to the living room to get our glasses and the wine bottle. I poured more wine into my glass while roaming back into the room.

Prince grabbed his glass from my hand and took a few sips. He motioned his glass towards me to fill it up with more wine. Shortly after, I found his camera and wrapped it around my neck. "What do you want me to do?"

I looked down at the ground in thought. "Intertwine your fingers halfway and look off in the distance," I instructed. Prince put his glass down and posed. "Lift your hands higher." I snapped a picture.

"Stand up, turn to your left, and look up at the camera." Prince rested his thumb under his bottom lip with his right hand on his left arm. It felt like he was looking straight at me instead of the camera.

We got a few more shots before I finally put the camera on my lap.

Prince bent down and picked up his glass. While coming back up, his legs wobbled. He was on his third cup of wine, and I was on my fourth. "So, what are we going to do now?" I asked while putting my hands in my pockets. "21 questions."