🌏Terraformed🌍

Gunther and I entered the bridge to see the rest of the crew there. We managed to walk in on Celci and Mark in the middle of an intense stair off.

Their sibling-like bond always made me laugh.
I cleared my throat which snapped them both out of their dazes.

"Hey Captain, you ready?" Mark asked while smiling.

"I've been ready since the day we left Earth."

Loud thuds shook the side of the ship.

"That must be our ride." Celci said. "Let's get going."

Celci left the bridge and towards the shuttle, the rest of us followed.

I was first to enter the shuttle and was greeted by our pilot.
"Nice to see you again, Captain." He said shaking my hand.

The other four boarded behind me.

"The colonists are going to be excited to see you all again." He said.

The shuttle door closed behind us as we prepped for the launch. Celci sat next to our pilot while the rest of us stood around in the back.

Without warning, the shuttle jerked toward as the engines fired, startling me for a moment.

"Whoops! Sorry!" The pilot called out.

I glanced out the window to see us slowly floating away from the Invincible II.

"Captain?" Mark asked behind me.
I turned around to see him holding two cups of coffee, even handing one to me.

I took the one he handed me and took a sip.
I sighed out and looked up at him.
"Thanks."

Mark's eyes quickly shut up as he shouted, "Woah!"

I was about to take another sip but I froze. I stared back up at him in confusion.
"Oh! Uh-" Mark suddenly backtracked on what he said.
He giggled "Never mind."

"What happened?" I asked.

He laughed again.
"It must've been my mind playing tricks with me cause your eyes were just glowing blue for a moment."

I let out a little fake chuckle, "really?"

"Must've been the reflection or something." I said.

Mark shrugged his shoulders and took a sip of his drink. He stared out the window behind me.
"Well, would you look at that?" He whispered.

I turned around and got a great view of the planet. It was huge. I already knew it was going to take years for us to scan this planet top to bottom, but I was confident that someday in the future terraforming this new planet of ours may even help people on Earth, if anything was to happen to our old home.

As we slowly landed into the atmosphere, I saw the planet's environment and life forms.

It almost looked like Earth just oddly colored.

The grass was almost entirely blue, many of the trees were mixed colors of orange, pink and purple. The water from what I could see was a nice dark purple. It was incredible to see something like this up close.
It was out of this world. Literally...

I saw many of the colonists exploring the new planet, while some of them stood in their place as they saw our shuttle land.

Our shuttle finally reached the ground and the colonists turned to face us.
The shuttle door opened, Mark exited first, then Bert, then Gunther, then Celci. They all turned towards me and saluted as I left the shuttle.