The End

This is very bitter sweet. This is the last chapter thank you all for reading.

***********************************

"Good morning love.”  Karl whispered in your ear during the early morning.  “I have to go to work but I promise i'll be home early.”

“That’s okay. I know things got pushed back when we went on our honeymoon a couple months ago. Just promise you’ll be home for dinner.”  You rested your chin on your hand. 

“I promise. I’m gonna get ready and we can all have breakfast together.”  He leaned over and kissed your nose. 

“Sounds perfect.”  You smiled.  “He’s kicking.”  You took his hand and placed it on your belly. You and Karl had returned from your honeymoon months ago and it was wonderful. You enjoyed every moment of it. You saw some of the most beautiful art, had the most amazing food and went to gorgeous beaches. It was the most fun you have had in a long time, but you would rather be home with your family. 

“I can feel her.”  He sat up on his knees and kissed your belly.  “You’re due any day now. I can’t wait to meet our baby.” 

“Neither can I. I want him to have your eyes. Mine are so dull, your’s are so bright and beautiful.”

“I hope she has hair like yours. Mine was always rather thin, I’m surprised it hasn’t fallen out.”  He chuckled, raking his fingers through his gray hair.

“Yes but I love your hair. It’s always so soft and perfect for grabbing.” You smirked. 

“You’re being a naughty little girl, you know daddy has to go to work.” He grazed your clothed heat with his fingertips making you moan.  Then he pulled away, standing fully to get dressed. You groaned in disappointment.  “Not so fun being teased now is it? If you’re a good girl tonight maybe I’ll play with you.”  He smirked, striping himself out of his clothes. 

He picked out a basic black and white suit with no tie.  When he was almost finished dressing you got out of bed and picked out one of the maternity dresses he had bought you. Your bump was huge and many stretch marks adorn your belly. Karl of course assured you that you looked beautiful no matter what. You picked a dress with a lot of soft padding in the chest area, Karl knew that your breasts were extremely sore and you oftentimes didn’t want to wear a bra and he respected it. The dress you picked was heavier since it was the middle of December.

You and Karl went down to the dinning room where Otto was waiting at the table for both of you. Elizabeth had just finished putting everything on the table.  You all sat down together. Elizabeth insisted that she would take Otto to school since you needed to rest. Your due date was in 3 days and you were increasingly nervous. You hide it well from Karl but Elizabeth being a mother knew what you were feeling.

“How long will you be at work?” Elizabeth asked Karl. It was nice seeing them speak more as friends and less as boss and employee. Karl was in the process of finding a replacement for Elizabeth, she would still live with you but she was finally retiring. 

“I’ll only be there a couple of hours to oversee that they have met their time frame then I’ll be home.”  He assured you all. 

“Do I have to go to school today papa?”  Otto asked. He’s been asking everyday this week. He was so worried that he would miss the birth of his sibling.  “Mama is going to have a baby in three days and all my friends say that the baby could come sooner. I don’t wanna miss it.”  He whined when he saw his fathers serious face.

“Otto baby, there are signs when the baby will be coming, as soon as the first sign hits I promise I will have you brought to the hospital. You won’t miss the baby's birth.” You promised him.