The Return

The party ended a few hours later. Karl paid for the hall and the food then you took the car back to his house. The house you could finally call home now that you were engaged.

When the car pulled up to the house you and Karl bid the driver goodnight and went inside. You both wanted to tell Otto the news but he was in bed and you knew better than to wake him up. So once inside Karl helped you out of your coat and you both went upstairs to change.

"Karl, honey, would you mind?" You asked, motioning towards the zipper that you couldn't reach.

"Of course love, hold still." He replied, coming behind you and unzipping your dress.

"Thank you." You had changed into your pajamas and Karl took off his suit and changed into his pajamas as well. You went into the bathroom to take off your makeup while Karl was putting both your things into bags to take it to the dry cleaners tomorrow. Once you emerged from the bathroom with your makeup off and your hair combed out you got into bed with Karl. Karl put one arm around you and you snuggled into his side.

"I see you made a couple friends." Karl commented, thinking back to when you were at the bar with Cathy and Liz.

"Yeah, they seem really nice but I don't know. I'm honestly not much of a socializer. I'm very awkward. I have a few friends but even then I don't talk to them all the time and when I do I still stutter and."

"Hey, it's okay. No one expects you to be perfect. You have your flaws just like everyone else and if these two can't accept that then they're not worth your time and energy. Never fight for someone's acceptance. If they can't accept you for who you are then they were never your friend to begin with." He shushed you by kissing your lips.

"I have you, you're all I'll ever need."

"Would you like me to read to you for a little while?" Karl asked, rubbing your arm.

"That sounds nice." You whispered back, leaning over and kissing his cheek.

Karl read a book of poems which he kept in his nightstand. You loved listening to Karls voice and poetry was your favorite thing to read so he often read it to you. It was such a small thing but it meant so much to you.

You pulled his face down and started kissing him. He felt your tongue brush his bottom lip asking for entrance and he gladly let you inside, massaging his tongue against yours.

"Mmm." He moaned into your mouth as he reached around and grabbed your ass pulling you closer against his front. You felt his bulge growing against your stomach and you crawled on top of him laying flat. He squeezed your ass harder and guided you to start dry humping him. He was just about to start taking off your clothes when he heard little feet running in the hallway. He raised an eyebrow and listened closer. You got off his lap and listened again. You heard it again, you were both about to go out into the hallway to see what was going on but before either of you could get up Otto came running into the bedroom. The door shot open, hitting the wall behind and Otto took almost a running leap into the bed.

"Otto what on Earth is the matter?" Karl asked, his voice full of concern when Otto crawled in between you and cradled himself against his fathers side.

"I didn't think you were coming back." He confessed, his voice muffled by Karl's shoulder.

"Buddy, we've talked about this. I'm not going anywhere, yes I might leave the house sometimes for work or other things but I will always come back home. I won't leave you." He cooed softly against Otto's head, slowly rocking him back and forth. He finally lifted his face and even though there were no tears his eyes were red and puffy like he had been crying the whole time you and Karl were gone.