Chapter 6 - Saved... Maybe?

Hi guys!

Bet ya didn't expect to see me so soon huh?

Tbh, me neither.

But I'm taking whatever opportunity I can get to write another chapter and bring it to you guys ASAP!

Oh, and I updated the 100 reads bonus to include Scott, so if you haven't checked that out do so!

Don't forget I love you!

On with the chaos!

Hiro's POV

Hiro was exhausted.

For whatever reason, he had become the leader.

No one said so, but he could see it in their faces.

They looked to him for guidance and instruction, even Pedro!

They trusted him, and he couldn't let them down.

Currently, they were heading toward the pteranodon enclosure, in the hopes that there would be a sane adult there who could help them.

They were walking through the jungle when a twig snapped.

Immediately, all the campers besides Nat ducked behind a tree, dove into a bush, or hid behind a rock.

"Sorry, stepped on a twig." Nat apologized sheepishly.

"Jeez, Nat, you terrified me!" Wanda exhaled, hand on her chest.

"How about I step on you," Pedro muttered darkly.

"Okay, calm down, we're nearly there," Hiro says, hand on Wanda's shoulder.

"Remind me why we're going to a dinosaur pen again?" Pedro mutters.

"Because this pen always has people nearby. Find the pen, find the people, people help us, we get out of here." Wanda reasons.

"Hey, is that..." Hope says, trailing off as noise fills the air. 

"It's Masrani's helicopter, I'd recognize that logo anywhere!" Wanda yells, waving.

"Ha ha, we're saved!" Scott says happily.

And then of course the helicopter crashes into the enclosure, releasing all the pteranodons in one huge explosion.

Hiro stops where he is, staring in shock at the scene.

No way they could get to the enclosure now.

They weren't safe out in the open.

Hiro looked around and saw a sign for the Kayak Trail (IDK what it's called, sorry if I got it wrong)

"C'mon, we gotta get out of the open." He nudges Wanda and Hope, motioning toward the tunnel.

''''''''''''''''''''''''

Wanda's POV

They got into kayaks, two campers per kayak.

Scott and Pedro shared a kayak, arguing about sound or something. 

Nat and Hope also shared a kayak, cooing over Juniper who had grown a bunch.

Finally, Hiro and Wanda shared a kayak.

Wanda was silent for a couple of minutes after they started moving, trailing her hand in the water and glancing about her surroundings.

Hiro kept fidgeting, glancing at Wanda, then glancing away just as quickly.

Wanda smirked as she met his eyes, then he looked away blushing.