2) Training

"Alright. This is the training course!" A soldier with a muscular build said. "Usually Jeritza would be hosting, but he's been ill for the past couple of days, so I'll be the one overseeing you all! Good luck!" I felt my stomach hurt, my head go numb, and sweat develop in my hands. I'm so screwed... I said in my head as I sat there. My eyes went around and everyone knew what they were doing but me. "Hey! Girl with the blonde hair and glasses!"

"GAH!" I snapped my head to see the instructor, "Y-Yes sir?" He then crossed his arms, "Go ahead and grab a weapon! Don't sit there all confused!" Oh shit! I quickly shuffled over and grabbed what seemed to be a spear and the man nodded and then walked off and have a conversation with another student. "Man... what have I gotten myself into?" I asked as everyone started either trained with a dummy or each other. I decided to look like I was doing the same thing by going to a dummy and just blindly hitting it. "New to the school?" A female voice chimed in. I turned my head and saw a girl with short orange hair. "Yeah..."

"I can tell, based on how you blindly swing your weapon, I have a feeling you never fought before."

"Yes..." I muttered. She could have mind her own business, plus who cares if I can't wield a weapon right? I'm just staying at this monastery until I have answers to my issue. "Well I'll help you! I'm sorta kinda good with a lance myself." She said and showed her weapon and twirled it a bit. So she's a show off? I asked myself.

The girl gave me basic tips and tricks to the combat. She then went on to say that defense is your best friend and if anyone is running at you to hold your legs to the floor, have the lance in an angle in front of you, and to push the attacker back. It was something that I learned right off the bat and the girl praised me for it. "Good job! Oh by the way my name is Leonie, what's yours?"

"Tori, actually it's Victoria but some people call me Tori." I said and Carol smiled and hummed. "Victoria, your skills are good now. I forgot to ask... what house are you in?" Her brown eyes were filled with curiosity. "I... I'm not in a house... Rhea said the classes were full as of now." I explained and Leonie's eyes widened, "So you're doing what Flayn is doing? Working for the Church?"

"I guess." I shrugged and then went over to put the weapon away. "Well- I am in the Golden Deer! So as our pride we help others!" She said and then the bells chimed. "Looks like we are done with this class, see you later Victoria!" Leonie said and waved as she ran off. I sat there as I watched everyone put their weapons away and started to walk into the monastery.

My brain then tried to figure out what class to go next by looking at the paper I was given. That's when I felt pressure along my face and it sent me back a bit. I quickly came to the realization that I ran into someone, my eyes widened and my mouth opened quickly. "I'm sorry!" I said under a scared tone and saw a male with blonde hair and a blue cape on the left of his shoulder, alongside him was a much taller man. "It's quite alright. Changing classes always is and has been a scuffle." The man said and then looked at me with wide eyes, "I haven't seen you around here before. What house are you in?"

"Um... I'm not in a house. I work for the church right now." I said and the older man sighed, "Your majesty, you are about to be late for class."

"I know Dudue, let me see who this girl is first! What is your name?" He asked and I shrugged, "Victoria." He nodded and placed a hand over his heart, "My name is Dimitri, I am the leader for the Blue Lions. If there's anyway for you to join the class, you can ask me." He said and then panicked when the man beside him made a noise. "Well I better scurry off to my class, nice to meet you Victoria! Hopefully we can become friends!" He said and rushed by.

I then went back to trying to figure out the next class. Seemed to be the history class. I made my way there and walked into the classroom only seeing a few people inside. One looked to be in their own world inside a book and the other looked like they were about to pass out at any given moment. I sat there and found a seat that was towards the back of the classroom. Seems to be no professor in the room either, maybe I was early? "Hey, are you new?" A voice whispered and I turned and saw it was the one who looked tired, but his eyes seemed to be awake when talking to me.