"Move, move, move!" he muttered through gritted teeth, each word a battle cry against his own helplessness. But his efforts were in vain, and his strength waned with every passing moment. The pursuing demon drew nearer, her mocking voice taunting him as she effortlessly closed the distance.

"Oh? Feeling tired already?" she taunted with a hint of disappointment, gracefully touching down on the forest floor. She had pursued him with effortless grace, leaping from tree to tree while he stumbled in desperation. Her attire was that of a Kyudo archer, and the strange, blood-sucking arrows adorned her back. In her delicate hands, she held a meticulously crafted bone bow.

Her skin bore a pale, sickly shade of green, marked with arrow tattoos that mirrored the deadly projectiles she used. Pine-colored hair framed her face, crowned by a distinctive horn protruding from her forehead. Her eyes, eerie and devoid of pupils, glowed with orange sclera, emphasizing the unnatural menace of her presence.

The demon towered over Yasu, her disappointment palpable as she regarded him with disdain for his lackluster performance

The demon towered over Yasu, her disappointment palpable as she regarded him with disdain for his lackluster performance. "Is this all the effort you can muster? How utterly disappointing," she lamented, her voice dripping with scorn. She took measured steps before pausing to observe the wounded slayer, who gasped for breath, blood dribbling from his lips.

"Pathetic," she scoffed, her voice a cruel mockery. "You dare call yourself a demon slayer? You are the most foolish one I've ever encountered. At least the others had the sense to think before attacking."

Summoning every ounce of defiance left in him, Yasu lifted his head with great effort and shot a venomous glare at his tormentor. "Damn you... just finish me off already!" he spat, his words a bitter retort to her mockery.

A sinister smirk curled upon her lips as she crouched down to meet his eye level, her tone dripping with condescension. "Oh? Can't handle the harsh truth, can you?" she taunted, her amusement evident. "Why should I listen to your pitiful pleas? Watching you writhe in agony is far more entertaining."

With a cruel twist, she plucked one of the blood-sucking arrows from his back, causing Yasu to cry out in pain. She examined the arrowhead and couldn't help but sneer. "And your blood... it's hardly appetizing at all," she remarked, her voice filled with disgust. She licked the arrow's tip before recoiling in distaste. "Tastes like dirt. What a waste."

Yasu's eyes narrowed in anger, directed mostly at himself for the predicament he found himself in. He berated himself for not being more cautious, for letting his guard down. Dying was an accepted risk for a demon slayer, but to meet his end in such a humiliating and pathetic way was infuriating. He had even allowed his crow to perish in the process. What would his brother think of him? He had no right to bear the title of Tsuchi—