this place about to-

Description: A failed mission and a lost bet lead to Chapa and Bose being grounded from leaving the mansnest. Going against Ray's word and sneaking out causes more regret than expected. (Also a part 2 to cake !)

Im kinda thinking about making this an au where everything is connected.
-

-

-

After the incident at the Vice Mayor's party, both Brainstorm and Volt were placed on lock down. They weren't allowed to go on missions, and they couldn't leave the mansnest unless it was important.

And Volt wasn't having any of it.

"But Ray-" Volt whined, holding out the last two letters of his name.

It was times like these that Volt hated sleeping in dorm rooms. Ray had control over their every move and she couldn't stand it.

"No buts. You and Brainstorm decided to act a fool in front of Vice Mayor, so now you aren't allowed to show your face anywhere until I say so." Ray responded crossing his arms.

"Honestly, we were the most interesting thing there. I'm sure we did everyone a favor-" Volt answered, receiving a glare from Ray in return.

"You guys sacrificed my chance of getting a statue! I have been dreaming of the day I would see my face and my beautiful hair in the middle of Swellview park, but now that day will never come thanks to you two." Ray lectured.

"You can't just take away our freedom. Isn't that like considered kidnapping or something?" Volt scoffed.

"I have authority over all four of you. So, what I say goes."

"But-"

"I shouldn't have to have this conversation with you again! Hearing it from me when you came back last night should have been enough!" Ray had a stern gaze in his eyes. "Now, Go to your room."

"What are you? My da-" Volt began before Ray interrupted.

"Go!"

Volt rolled her eyes before standing up from the couch and storming off towards the direction of her dorm room. Who was Ray to tell her what to do? It's not like he was going to get a statue anyways.

The only light that was in Bose's room that night was the one the moon emitted through his window. He was sleeping peacefully until he was awoken by multiple knocks on his door. He groggily moved his legs from under his blankets and stood up to make his way to answer it. Opening the door, revealed Chapa on the other side.

"Come on, we're leaving." Chapa softly spoke.

"What time is it?" Bose yawned, stretching his arms over his head.

"It doesn't matter, let's go-" Chapa grabbed his hand pulling him out of the room.

"But Ray said we aren't allowed to leave." Bose was almost tumbling behind Chapa as she pulled him toward the back exit.

"That seems like a him problem." Chapa pulled Bose outside, softly shutting the door behind them. She finally let go of Bose's arm, trusting that he was going to follow her.

"Where are we going?" Bose trotted after her before he began speaking excitedly, "Oo can we go to the store! We can get one of those sheet cakes."

Chapa looked at him with disbelief, "What is with you and cakes?"

"I didn't get to eat any last night." He had a frown on his face, almost like he was pouting. "And you got the mac and cheese you wanted! So it's only fair."

Chapa let out a long sigh, continuing to walk towards the Swellview town. She stayed silent for a moment before responding, "Yes, Bose. We can get a cake."

Bose gave her a big smile, which Chapa couldn't help but return when she seen it.

Eventually, the two made it to the local grocery store, which fortunately stays open all night. This time, Bose was the one to grab Chapa's arm and pull her towards the bakery section of the store. Bose's face brightened even more at first glimpse of the variety of flavors they could buy.

After skimming for a second Bose pointed towards a cake labeled triple chocolate. "This one!"

"Absolutely not." Chapa replied looking down at it. "Triple chocolate is too much chocolate. Why not red velvet? It's basically chocolate just dyed red."

"But the Triple chocolate has chocolate cake, chocolate filling, and chocolate frosting!"

"Exactly, it's a whole bite of the same thing three times. Which is why, if we get red velvet it'll be chocolate but you can also taste the buttercream filling and the vanilla frosting." Chapa responded, pointing to the cake right beside the Triple Chocolate.

Bose looked around at the options for a moment. Suddenly, he let out a gasp. "Look they have the variety cakes with all the flavors!" He ran over to grab the cake before Chapa held him back.

"You're not allowed to hold cakes anymore. I got it." Chapa picked up the cake looking at it. It was split into four different flavors including Triple Chocolate, Red Velvet, Vanilla, and Carrot Cake. Conveniently, the other two flavors were the twins favorites. "I think this is the one, and we can give the carrot cake and the vanilla cake to Mika and Miles."

"We could wake them up and hav-" Bose was interrupted by a huge crash that sounded outside the store.

"What the fuck?" Chapa placed down the cake, immediately placing a hand on the gumball tin that was in her pocket. She quickly made her way to the exit of the store, and when she arrived, she cautiously peeked her head around the door to see what was going on. Bose slowly made his way beside her, the cake chapa put down was in his hands. He seemed like he was being really careful not to drop it.

"I don't see-" She paused, listening closely when a steady beeping noise appeared. "What's that beeping?" Chapa turned her head to ask Bose.

Before Bose could answer, they were suddenly thrown back onto the floor. They heard nothing but ringing before everything faded to black.

(1005 words)