"He's with his father." He feels pressured to add, "I mean, his other father."

"I got it the first time," Seoho replies with a chuckle. After a few seconds, he clears his throat and asks, in a faked disinterested tone, "And does he happen to know what you're doing tonight?"

"He knows." Geonhak giggles. "Don't worry, he won't hire a hitman to kill you." He glances at Seoho, who looks slightly more relaxed now. "He was actually thrilled to hear that I had a... Well, that I was spending the evening with someone."

"Great. That's great. I'm glad he does."

Geonhak stops the car and they both get out. Seoho frowns on the parking-lot. "Is that a funfair?" he asks, perplexed.

"Yup." He smiles as his friend is growing uncomfortable. "But we're not here for the rides. Just for the food. It's the best Korean street food next to where I really want to take you."

Seoho subsides a little and they walk side by side to the fair. "I like to take Sunnie here when he's on holidays. He doesn't like the rides much, but he can spend two hours straight in the ball pit."

"It's the best place in a funfair."

They laugh and Geonhak has them before a fast food restaurant. He lets Seoho choose the dishes he likes and delights in his friend's excitement. "Everything looks amazing, can I just have all of it?"

The two leave with a plastic bag full of samples of every type of dish and Seoho takes Geonhak's hand, leading him towards a bench he has spotted. "Can we sit there? It's right in front of the roller coaster, I want to watch the train go down!"

They sit close together, eating with great appetite and looking at people going up and down and screaming. It seems to make Seoho happy, and Geonhak cannot help but smile too.

"They're so loud! I never could go up there, it's too scary." He turns towards his friend. "Ain't you afraid of hights?"

"Not particularly." The blonde smiles. "Do you want me to go with you and try next time?"

"Yeah, I'd like that," Seoho whispers. He looks down. "My wife...," he starts and then pauses. Geonhak silently encourages him to go on, gently rubbing his knee against Seoho's. "She was never afraid of anything. Whenever she felt like doing something, she did it, no matter how hard it was. I'm not like that. Back when she was there, she helped me get stronger and more daring. But now, I don't know how to do that anymore. I'm just afraid all the time; I'm afraid I'll be a bad father, a bad employee, a bad friend..." He looks sadly at the corn dog in his hands.

"It's not true," Geonhak says. "You're the best father Minbyeol could dream of. And the bravest person I know. You're giving everything to your daughter so she can be the happiest. And you're such a good friend, bringing warmth to everyone around you, although you still grieve your wife, although you work like mad every single day. You're the sunniest person I know."

"That's nice of you. But it's also thanks to you," he adds. "Since we've known each other, you've supported and helped me through it all, and I feel everything's easier now with you by my side. I think you make me strong and daring again."

Geonhak slowly reaches out his hand towards Seoho's, watching the other man's every reaction. But he seems calm and eventually takes Geonhak's outstretched hand himself. "Thank you, Geonhak-ah."

"It's only natural. We're just two single fathers helping each other out."

"Do single fathers take each other on a date?"

"I thought we agreed this is not a date?" Geonhak smirks.

"Right. Not a date," Seoho repeats, blushing.