[Chapter 9]: An Intertwined New Destiny

Mulai dari awal

I flinched as shivers formed onto my skin, the cursed energy surrounding me becoming denser as a gush of wind swirled around me. A cold touch could be felt upon my skin, so gentle and endearing that the bitter coldness felt warm. Long fingers wrapped around my body, grasping it tightly as I felt myself drifting toward the air. The freezing wind swirled around me, embracing me as I felt light hit my face. That unusual sensation...just what was happening?

I clenched my fists tightly, blood oozing out from my hands as I forced my eyelids open, my eyes meeting with the ruby-like eyes of the King of Curses. His eyes resembled the stars in the night sky that shone ever so brightly behind him as surprise filled me from the tips of my hair to my fingernails. 

"Huh...huh?" I asked in shock as I turned my head to glance at the changed scenery. The moonlight lit up my face as the glistening stars shone at a distance, completely permeating the night sky...and no ground below us. The King of Curses continued glancing toward me, my cheeks heating up as a burning sensation filled me. The ground neared me as he released me from his grasp, my feet gently placed as the cool soil welcomed me. 

"You're hopeless," sighed the cursed spirit, running his hand through his coral pink hair as it fluttered in the winds. His eyes continued glancing toward mine, his deep stare like daggers piercing my body and glimpsing through the windows toward my soul, "To think you couldn't stand against such an inferior opponent, especially with the cursed technique you possess." 

His pure-white kimono fluttered in the winds as he turned around, his dark figure contrasting the moonlight as his back faced me. The dimness of the night sky cast a shadow upon the man as his figure faded into the distance, his words engraved into my mind as I felt the urge to understand the meaning masked behind them.

"Wait-" I called toward the curse, my hand reaching out to his disappearing figure, yet, before I could grasp him, he had disappeared from my sight. 

My body slumped onto the ground, a veiled weight dragging my being down as my eyes looked toward the night sky, its beauty gracing me with a calming warmth as I gently shut my eyes closed, my mind continuing to wonder upon what the King of Curses had told me.

'To think you couldn't stand against such an inferior opponent, especially with the cursed technique you possess'.

Ryomen Sukuna was but a complete mystery, like a chest locked with secrets you could only wish to unlock, one that even the elders of the past had difficulty comprehending the intentions of. My cursed technique...his words implied as if it had the potential to defeat special grades. Yet father...

He had told me my cursed technique was useless.

I recalled the days he held me facing a mirror, his hands gently caressing my hair as he whispered words of how worthless I was, of how I was blessed I should be feeling that I even held the purpose of being used in order to unseal the King of Curses. Yet...the curse's words. It had filled me with an inexplicable feeling, the pounding of my heart increasing as I felt my mind calm.

"The moonlight...really makes it easier to see how pathetic you are, unable to use reverse-cursed energy to heal,"  whistled a voice as I jolted awake, surprised to see Ryomen Sukuna yet again. His figure looked down upon mine, a half-lidded stare upon his face as he scoffed. "Being a human is really inconvenient, huh?" 

I noticed the slight furrow in his eyebrows, contradictory to the mocking yet proud expression upon his face as I immediately rose up in panic and confusion. My eyes turned toward the scenery behind him as I gasped in utter horror. The heritage of the Geto clan...the century-old large minka brimming with history...it was now completely shattered, tiny fragments of the building now piling atop one another as a thought rose upon my head.

Hiroshi Geto, the special grade...were they gone?

Yet, the slightly furrowed brows that fit onto the cursed spirit's normally-proud face like a misplaced jigsaw puzzle...just what was going on? As I continued to ponder on the series of events that were occurring, a cold touch could be felt on my shoulders as a warm energy began to flow into my body. The pressure that had been weighing me down throughout the night had now disappeared as I stared, confused toward the King of Curses. 

"I hope you don't disappoint me," he smirked, his deep voice penetrating into my mind, "I have great expectations from you...since you aren't bad compared to those I had met in the past."

His coral-pink hair swished in the winds as his back faced mine as a familiar scenery flashed in front of my eyes. Though the memories of my past, the recollections of constant betrayal had chained me back, the mere words of this man had given me the urge to break free of these chains and grasp the light ahead of me.  Though each speck of light I grasped had thrown me deeper into the abyss of endless doom, my heart had guided me toward Ryomen Sukuna. The one who held the ability to pull me from the abyss and free my endless cycles of suffering.

I grasped onto the end of his fluttering white kimono as my eyes met with his, my palpitations increasing rapidly as I uttered the following words.

"Please take me with you."

Author's Note: Whew...that was a really long chapter!  I hope you guys found it satisfactory! :)

Btw, my bestie is also a Wattpad writer and has written a fanfic about the Avengers! If you guys are interested, I hope you check it out! Her account is: toxicmarvelstan.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I hope to see you in the next one! :)