[Chapter 4]: Unchaining You, Who Is Sealed

First Person POV

The radiant light of the sun shone on my face as I slid the window open. The songs of birds beautifully danced in the air as the warm winds gently blew on my face. I smiled at such a scene, befitting of this eventful day.

The day we all fall into the abyss together.

I hummed along with the birds, my (e/c) eyes brimming with the utmost contentment as I could hear light footsteps approaching my room. I turned around excitedly, my sleeping gown fluttering with my movement, unable to hide the smile on my face as I silently giggled.

"Lady (y/n), are you up yet?!" yelled that insolent maid as her annoying voice resonated through the room, almost putting a stain on the delight I was experiencing.

Ah...this impudent maid. If only I could seal that foul mouth of hers and cut off those arrogant hands that dared to bash on my door. However, now wasn't the time to worry about such things, since today will be the last time I'd have to deal with this.

I wore that sickening mask one last time, attempting to calm myself down.

I stumbled my words, putting on the facade of a pitiful and weak woman as I replied, "Y-yes! I'm awake now! S-sorry to-"

Without sparing me the second to finish my reply, the shoji separating my room and the hall swished open as three audacious maids walked in, lightly bowing their heads. I noticed their trembling hands, as if they were clenching at the embarrassment. I turned my head, a grin plastering on my face as I had the urge to laugh mockingly at them.

So...they were just like me. Having to forcibly bow down to one you utterly despise, especially if that individual was of lowly origins like myself...must have been outright humiliating.

My (h/l) (h/c) hair fluttered with the wind, covering my face as I used my finger to tuck it behind my ears. I gently drooped the outer corners of my eyes, smothering the smile of an angel on my face as I lightly trembled.

"Y-you may raise your heads now!"I uttered, my voice soaked with the sweetness of honey, and the fear of prey hunted by its predator.

One by one, each maid raised their heads, not even attempting to disguise the loathing looks in their eyes as they placed a contradicting smile on their faces.

"We're here to get you ready for the ritual," answered one, signalling the other two toward me. They stepped overbearingly in my direction, holding me in place as the last maid brought me an alluring red kimono, the colour of fruits, the bright decorations surrounding the house, and...

The colour of blood.

I shook my head, an attempt to forget the memories of the past I discarded as the maids wrapped me beautifully with that kimono. One gently reached for my (h/c) hair, intertwining parts of it elegantly together as she placed elaborate decorations of red through it.

Another maid grasped my chin, lightly powdering my cheeks as she embellished my features.

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror amongst the series of events. Though I didn't wish to admit it, the face that man gave me was truly so beautiful. So beautiful that even I, who so utterly despised it found myself entranced.

However, every time I found myself being bewitched, my abhorrence for that man reached the height of the distant stars.

As I drifted off to a world of my own, I could feel the touches of the maids leave me, an indication of their completion.

I turned around, displaying a wide grin as I giggled.

"I love it!" I squealed, my smile widening as my cheeks rose. The image of a lovely woman was shown to the maids as they turned around, signalling me to follow along behind.