(II) Chapter 18 - The Family

Start from the beginning

"Yes, dad. She's Nino. And she's my girlfriend."

Nino stood up from her seat and bowed her head to my parents.

"Good morning Mom and Dad. I'm pleased to meet you."

"I already like her!" Mom replied.

"Good morning Nino-chan. I'm Sosuke. Did my son threaten you or anything? It's not too late to back out now."

"DAD!?" I protested. Dad just laughed as well as everyone in the living room.

"I wasn't threatened or anything. But I'm really glad to be here and meet you."

"That's good to hear then. Make yourself comfortable. Misako, give Nino-chan something to drink."

"Yes, dad." Misako replied.

As we all sat on the couch, I looked at Nino and I'm glad that she looks comfortable. Misako was sitting next to her and she looks like she's more excited than I am.

"Oh, did you do all these!?" Misako excitingly asked Nino while holding her hand, looking at her fingernails.

"Yeah, I do this sometimes to my sisters."

"Can you do it for me too? Please!?" 

"Sure thing Misako-chan." Nino smiled at her.

"Yay! Thanks Nino Onee-chan!" 

"Y—Yeah, no problem." 

"I'm glad that they're getting along." I thought to myself while smiling at the two.

"By the way, Nino brought you guys this one." I gave mom the box that Nino handed.

"What's this?"

"It's cookies. I love cooking and I thought it would be nice to share it with you."

"That's so sweet Nino-chan! By the way, I already knew you do."

"H—how?" Nino was wondering about what mom just said.

"You're the one who cooked the Chicken Alfredo, right?"

"Y—Yes, that was me."

"It was really good! I'm glad there's another cook that will be added to the family!" Dad exclaimed and I saw Nino's face turn red.

"T—Thank you. I hope to cook for you guys soon."

"Well, we don't have to wait anymore." Mom smiled at her.

"What do you mean mom?" I asked.

"I'll be making our lunch and I think I would Nino-chan's help if that's okay with her."

"Y—Yes! I'm okay with that! I'll be more than to willing help you."

"Okay then! You can help me out" Mom stood up from her seat and Nino followed her to the Kitchen.

The two of them began to prepare our lunch and I just waited on the couch while watching some TV with dad and Misako. Some time passed and it looks like they were done. I stood up from my seat and prepared the table for us.

I walked towards the kitchen and I can see mom and Nino talking. As I draw near, both of them stopped.

"Don't eavesdrop on our conversation! Just continue with setting the table!" Mom said and Nino just chuckled.