Extra two

howdy....... i return from covid not fresh and raring to go, im still so tired lol ;-;;; still, its been so long i thought this was deserved.

"Huh? There's another senpai?"

Fushiguro sighed, leaning back in the hospital bed where Itadori and Kugisaki were sat around him; eating pizza over the blankets like he was a table.

"Well, yeah. Turns out she skipped the first event though, probably to spite Gojo sensei," he explained briefly, continuing only after seeing Itadori's blank stare, "Gojo sensei dumped his mission on her just before she was due to board a plane."

Kugisaki let a few breaths of laughter escape her, sounding smug as she interjected: "I respect her pettiness."

"Ehh-!? A plane? Is she someone important or something?" Itadori's jaw slackened in disbelief, he was under the impression that jujutsu business was a Japan exclusive or something – he also couldn't believe they were allowed holidays. They were – right?

"Important... in a way, I guess. You'll have to ask Zen- Maki if you're curious. All I know is that she runs off on a lot of those kinds of vacations."

Kugisaki hummed, "I heard she was going to see her boyfriend though, d'you think she's in a long distance relationship? Can't say I'm envious of that." Her energy drained just thinking about the effort, having to constantly get on flights just to see some guy? Kugisaki would rather taste another rubber bullet to the head.

"I doubt it," Fushiguro muttered, looking at Kugisaki as if she were crazy, "Takagi senpai's infamous for skipping class and doing her own thing, I'm surprised she hasn't been suspended too. Where'd you hear that from, anyway?" It was clear he didn't believe a word of the rumour.

"She sounds kinda wild..." Itadori uttered, invested in the new information he was being fed. "What's she look like? Is she strong? I feel like Gojo sensei mentioned her before..." He shut his eyes, straining his mind to recall a certain memory that just wasn't appearing to him.

"Takagi, huh. She's strong, not quite my type but I respect her strength; I only wish she took part this year too, I was looking forward to facing her and Okkotsu again."

Itadori didn't hesitate in whipping the window open and throwing himself out, darting into a sprint.

"Come back – brother!"

"Viva sister school exchange event!" Yuzuha grinned widely, spreading her arms before the three second years. "No, no matter how hard I try there's no way I can be excited about this-" her eyes fell downtrodden and weary, lips grimacing, "-I can't believe I was persuaded to return early, maybe there's a budget flight back-"

"Stop whining, you were there for almost a whole week this time what's there to complain about?" Maki scowled, slapping her palm around the mopey girl's head.

Yuzuha held the back of her head reflexively, pouting at her friends – though she wasn't too impressed with the barely suppressed laughter in the back, however she couldn't deny she was putting on a bit of a show.

"You don't understand, Maki – the longer I'm there the less I wanna come back... It's not a good thing at all, realistically the three day trips I don't have enough time to get comfortable – but I got very comfortable Maki. I forgot Gojo was even there for half of it – Gojo. Gojo!" She gripped Maki's shoulders, giving her a deathly expression as if the world was ending.

Smacking her hands away, Maki sighed – though the situation did amuse her quite a lot. She thought back to the influx of messages Yuta sent her after Yuzuha boarded the plane. Can you tell me if she lands okay? Has she landed yet? Do you know if she's back yet? As if the girl wasn't going to message him first thing anyway. Besides, eventually he stopped worrying and just started sending pictures they took together – and he had the gall to brag to Maki about Yuzuha; as if Maki didn't get enough of the opposite! Judging by Inumaki's inbox, Maki was glad to know that she wasn't the only one being subjected to the psychological torture that was Yuta and Yuzuha.