"Namashkar Barrister Babu! Please welcome. How are you doing?" the doctor smiled at his regular visitor, as he stood up to welcome with a smile.

It had been 2 years since he started treating Mr.Binoy and Anirudh had been standing rock solid with him, be it for his father's treatments, for camp, awareness drills, medicines, and even handled the court formalities for him. Anirudh had arranged for the stay too at his haveli in Deenpur. The guy belonged to a rich, influential Zamindaar family - The Roy Chaudharys. But the respect he had seen in people's eyes of three towns for Anirudh, including Krishnanagar, he understood that Barrister Babu was much more than just another rich philanthropist. People respected him, admired him, and adored him.

He was a good man, a diligent social reformer, an intelligent barrister and most of all a dedicated son. Always ready to put any effort, be it for his father's treatments, his medical session, and was a very optimistic man, sometimes too hopeful that his father would someday respond to the treatment even when the desired progress was not there.

Within a year of the treatment Debashish had understood that damage was permanent and that Mr.Binoy could never actually recover to the full, as the damage was much worse than expected, which was also pointed out by Mr. Somnath, 2 years ago. So he had decided not to give up on Anirudh's hope. Also he did not have the heart to break Anirudh's hope, he understood the sentiments of a son but mostly he knew power and value of hope, he had once lost everything, everything including his hope and that had led to worst decisions he had taken, but this had also led him to his angel,... his Doll. And he had to do it, this was the first thing she had asked of him, and he could never say no to her.

Hence, he had suggested to Anirudh that they could try taking Mr. Binoy to London, where his Senior Doctor could take an assessment over the case. But he couldn't give him a false hope too, so had stated to Anirudh clearly that this would be one last chance to know if they can get Mr. Binoy completely back.

"Not so bad. How was you trip?" He felt the doctor little uncomfortable.

"Uh... good. good." Something was off.

"All well Doctor Sahab?"

"Yes. Yes." He saw him turn back imidiately, closing the already closed closet.

Anirudh decided to not probe him any further and came directly to the point he had to discuss. He had already made arrangements with Court about relieving Doctor and was here to inform the same and ask about the London visit they had to plan for his Baba.

"You shall be now officially relieved from your duties here, just one thing left for you here."
Debashish raised his eyebrows not understanding, then realising.

"Oh yes! Of course the committee meeting for Mr. Somnath's medical license. I shall make the arrangements for that in the coming week."

"We will see you in London then! Right?"

"Yes. Yes, of course."
Anirudh saw the doctor picking up the glass paper weight and rolling it in his hand. He seemed to be a little uncomfortable every time London came in the conversation today. But anyway he had to get this done with.

"Should I make arrangements of tickets soon then?" Asked Anirudh.
But telephone bell rang before Doctor could answer. He excused himself and went to take the call on the wall hung Telephone.

"Hello!"
Anirudh turned to see the time on his watch, when he heard the paper weight falling on the ground, crashing into little pieces. He quickly turned towards him.
It was quite evident there was some bad news for the doctor, but couldn't decide what to do next. Then he saw the receiver slip from his hand but was caught it again immediately, pressing it further to his ears. His knuckles turning white due to the tight hold, face turning white, it seemed he couldn't breathe.

"What did you say? Kiska accident?... I think I heard something wrong Anurag."

"You heard that right, Deb. Listen carefully. Bon had an accident. We need you here. Your Doll needs you, your sister needs you. Come soon."
Creases formed on Anirudh's face as he tried to understand from whatever was audible in those muffled noises from the receiver that was still pressed to Debashish's ears.

'Accident, Bon,... Doll..... did this mean...!!'
All colour drained from his face...

'His Bondita had an accident!!!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have introduced the first few characters here in this Chapter 'Dr. Debashish Sarkar' - his relation to Anirudh is quite clear (I hope so I was able to make it clear) in this Chapter.
I am not keen on giving him a face, so you can imagine anyone you want to see him as.
His relation to Bondita is mentioned here but I shall explore it sometime later.

Another mention is of Character 'Anurag' right at the end of the chapter, this character shall be introduced next.