why.

Simon's pov:
The steady dripping of the faucet gave Simon a rhythm to breath to while seated on the floor of the bathroom. His phone sat on the counter, pinging with the occasional notification.

He had to restrain himself from reaching out for his phone and texting the one person he know he shouldn't text. It wouldn't end well, he knew. Wilhelm had chosen the Crown. He knew he couldn't blame him, he really couldn't, but that doesn't mean it hurt any less. But how he missed the gentle touch of the Crown Prince, the way he made him feel WANTED by someone for once.

Soft knocking interrupted him from his thoughts.

"Come in," he said. He half expected to see his mother, coming to him with words to advice and encouragement, but instead it was his sister hesitantly stepping into the space.

"Mind if I sit?" she asked, gesturing to the space across from him.

He nodded and she eased herself onto the floor.

"Sooo," she started, "how are you holding up? After, you know, what happened today."

"What, me? Pshh I'm as fine as can be!"

"Obviously not Simon, otherwise you wouldn't be sitting on the floor of the bathroom trying not to cry," she said, pointing to his reddened eyes.

"Hey, I kinda have an excuse!"

"I never said you didn't. Now let's try this again, how are you really doing?"

He sighed. "I'm okay I guess... I mean I'm as fine as one can be when the guy you were going out with tells you he loves you in front of the whole school after you told him you don't want to be his secret."

Sara nodded her head sympathetically. "So since I personally have never experienced breaking up with the Prince of Sweden, the only comfort I can think of is ice cream."

"That works for me. Do we have still cookie dough?"

"I think so, Mama might've eaten the rest of it though."

"Eh, good enough for me!"

The two got up and walked towards the kitchen and looked in the freezer.

"Damn it, no cookie dough."

"We still have Rocky Road!"

"Who even like Rocky Road anymore? Except for like, weird people," Simon teased.

Sara playfully slapped him on the arm and sat at the table with the carton and a spoon. "Well suit yourself then."

Just then, Simon's phone, still in the bathroom, started vibrating with a call. He went to go pick it up. The caller ID wasn't familiar, but he picked up anyway.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Hello, is this Simon Erikkson?"

"Who's asking?"

"I'm Georgina Rong from The Stockholm Post, and we were wondering if you would be willing to come in for an interview. We feel as if the Prince was not being truthful and we would love to get your side of the st-"

"No thank you Miss Rong, that won't be necessary. The Prince was being 100% truthful. Now if you would not contact me again that would be great. Thanks." Simon pressed the End Call button.

How the actual fuck did they get his number? Never mind, he didn't want to know. And obviously Wilhelm wasn't being truthful, even someone who knew nothing about what was going on could tell by his body language during the interview. But Simon wasn't going to stoop that low and tell everyone that it was, in fact, Wilhelm in the video. Even though a part of him was begging to. The part of him that was tired of coving for Wilhelm's stupid ass through this whole ordeal.

Simon went back into the kitchen and sat down at the table that Sara was no longer at. Just him and his thoughts. His mind went to the one person he had been thinking about nonstop for the past few months. Every touch, every kiss, every hug, every secret look they shared. But his mind started to go to the no so movie-worthy parts of it all. All the times Wilhelm had hurt him, ignored him. Which lead him to wonder: Is it really worth it to wait for Wilhelm?

•••

A/N: Welcome to my new fanfic and tysm for reading it!! This story is not related to my other fanfic (12 Years Later) in case anyone who's read that is wondering! Anyways updates are not scheduled so I apologize! Feedback is appreciated<3

- yourlocalfruitcake
word count: 736