• Quoting Disney

Start from the beginning

It's not like I don't have any friends here in LA, but to be honest, most of them are job related and I would never tell any of them such private things. The only person in the world I would like to talk to right now is over six flying hours away. I know that I could call her but that would only make it harder for me, allowing my feelings to wash over me and beeing so far away.

Suddenly a very bad idea pops up in my head, but as much as my brain tries to push this thought in a corner, my feet are already dragging me towards the audition room. I open the door, seeing Megan talking to Joe and when they both look at me I know there's no going back.

"Megan, can I talk to you for a sec?"

She gazes over to where I'm standing, her face wearing a million different expressions at once and I have a feeling she already knows what I want to ask.

"What?!" she blurts out, her eyes almost popping out of her head, "Tell me you're joking right now."

"I'm sorry but no, I'm serious. My mind is not where it should be right now and I think heading back home to Boston would be the thing I really need right now."

"Look Chris, I'm the last one holding you back from what would be good for you," Megan assures me, "But you have to understand that if you're really leaving, there's noting I can do anymore. They will cast other actors, they won't wait for you."

I press my lips into a small line before releasing an audible breath, "I know, but messing up audition after audition would end up not getting the job anyways, so - it's the right thing to do. Cancel everything that was planned, oh and maybe... go on vacation or something. It might be a longer break this time." I say with a smile.

She crosses her arms, looking at me with a slight smile herself, "You're unbelievable, you know that?"

"Oh, come on." I softly nudge her shoulder, "You love working with me."

"I work for you, not with you." she corrects me.

I furrow my brows at her words, "No, absolutely not. I don't like the sound of that, it makes me look arrogant."

"Get out of here, already." she groans annoyingly but still with a smile on her face.

I pull her into a hug, "Thank you."

⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹

I turn the doorknob of the front door and push it open, the fact that she still remains the door unlocked now that she lives alone, amazes me. And kinda scares me at the same time too, beeing that she lives alone.

"Mom?" I yell through the house as I'm making my way into the living room.

"Chris? Is that you?" her voice echoes from the kitchen, her warm voice instantly making me feel secure, the first time in days.

I chuckle, "Last time I checked I was."

"Oh, very funny," she grumbles as her small figure walks around the corner, stopping in her tracks as her eyes land on me, "Oh honey, what happened?"

I look down on my body before my eyes meet hers again, "What do you mean?"

She approaches me and rests her palm on my cheeks, having a worried expression on her face, "You're face. It's pale and thin, when was the last time you've eaten?"

"Okay, then I guess I'm looking as shitty as I'm feeling." I chuckle, leaning further against her hands.

"Why don't you sit down while I make some coffee, then you can tell me about her."