Part 6 | Ball Of Flame

After much shopping, you all hurried off to your favourite shop, pushing through the door.

"Star! Are you here?" You called out, gazing over the stacks of books covering every surface.

"Hey Y/n! I haven't seen you in ages!" A girl smiled excitedly, popping up from behind the counter. "Welcome to Bewitching Bubble Tea and Books everyone!"

"Guys, this is Star, a very good friend of mine" you introduced, placing your bag down on one of the stools. "These are the Avengers, a half muggle half mag superhero team."

"Lovely to meet you all, would you like your usual?"

"You know me too well."

The girl disappeared behind the counter, leaving your group to admire the built in bookshelves that travelled from floor to ceiling, twisting vines and bright lanterns dotted around the room.

"What types of books do you have here?" Bruce asked Star as she came back with (your favourite drink), floating it over to you with the flick of her wand.

"Good question!" she grinned, climbing up one of the moving ladders. "I have a very small muggle section, however I mainly sell potion and spell books. If you want boring history books, go to Tomes and Scrolls."

"Darling you're going to fall" Loki chided, standing under the ladder you were balancing on.

"She does that all the time" Star commented, whizzing past and pulling books off the shelves.

"So do you!" You countered, sliding a book on transfiguration out with your magic. "Loki do you need anything?"

"No thank you, I'll just steal yours."

"No you won't."

"Too late, I already have a collection in my room."

"Bitch."

*This time skip was brought to you by there's a hole in your budget, dear labor dear labor, more taxes are coming with labor-*

"Professor, the Weasley twins are running a muck in the Gryffindor common room, could you please deal with them? I must see Professor Dumbledore" McGonagall sighed as she hurried past. "Thank you dear."

"Fine" you mock sighed, teleporting up to the fat lady's portrait with Loki not far behind.

"Hi Elisabeth" you greeted, giving her a small wave. "Could we come in please?"

"Sure you can sweetheart!" she beamed, raising a her glass to you. "It's nice to have my name used every once in a while. Those twins are up to something again."

"That's why I'm here, the idiots."

The portrait swung forward to reveal the twins running around, frantically chasing something on fire as the other students screamed and cowered behind the couches.

"What in the Norns" Loki sighed, ducking gracefully through the wall. "What are you boys doing?"

"Oh, hi professor!" George grinned, saluting him.

"Evening Miss!" Fred added to you, bowing in your direction. "Don't mind us."

"What the hell is that?" You groaned, watching the ball of flames flew around in circles... shrieking?

"Well-"

"THAT'S PIGWIDGEON!" Ron shouted, glaring at his brothers. "They set my bloody owl on fire!"

"It's non-damaging fire!" George called out hurriedly.

"Norns" you grumbled, jumping and grabbing the burning owl. "Ow ow shit that's hot ow ow-"

"Wonderful observation darling" Loki snickered, discreetly turning one hand blue and gently taking the owl in it.

The flames slowly flickered away to reveal a stressed out looking Pigwidgeon, thankfully unharmed.

"Right" you sighed, passing the little owl to Ginny, the red-headed girl shooting daggers at the twins with her eyes. "You two, why the hell would you test that on your brother's owl??"

"Or anyone's owl for that matter?" Loki questioned.

"Well you'd know pretty quickly if its harming or ot."

"FRED!"

"Okay okay! Sorry!"

"Stupid boys" you groaned, flicking their ears. "Stop doing stuff like this, go test your little experiments safely, away from the students and animals or I'll take them."

"Sorry professor" the chorused, grinning at each other before dashing of to their dorm.

"You can come out now kiddos" you called out, the first years poking their heads out of their hiding places. "They won't bother you all again."

"It was pretty funny though-"

"Shush Harry. I'll see you all in the morning."

"Goodnight professors!" they called out, waving to the two of you as you stepped back out of the portrait.

"All dealt with I presume?" the fat lady asked.

"Thankfully yes. See you again soon Liz."

"Bye sweetheart."

"Why does everyone at like I'm a child?" you grumbled, walking along beside Loki. "I'm older than all of them combined."

"Well you don't look it" he smirked.

"Nor do you genius" you retorted, the pair of you snickering slightly. "See you in the morning Lokes."

"Goodnight darling."

----------------------------------------------

✨Ta da✨

Thank you L0stinth3nightsky for doing a cameo in this story! We'll see you again throughout the story😌