Storms (Fluff) L.L.

The rain was pouring hard against the windows of Avengers Tower. Everybody was off doing what was needed for that particular day, either training or cooking, it didn't matter what they were managing. The Avengers paid little attention to the thunder and lightning, all used to much worse. All, except for you. Huddled away into a vast amount of blankets and pillows on your bed, in an oversized hoodie and pajama pants, was you cuddled into said blankets and pillows, with multiple stuffed animals around you but a particular squishy green dinosaur in your arms, which was what Loki gave to you on your birthday, and you haven't cuddled with any other since.

You were trying to calm down from your panic, the loud thunder making it more difficult by each passing burst of sound. You never liked loud noises ever since you were a kid, and that fear didn't lessen when you got older. Just when you thought you got your breathing under control, it got interrupted by another sound, not thunder, but by someone knocking on your door.

"Y/N? Are you in there?" You could recognize that accent anywhere, Loki always had one of those voices. You stayed silent in hopes that he would leave in case he didn't get a response, but he opened the door either way, "Darling, are you alright? I haven't seen you for hours."

Another burst of thunder rolled through the room, resulting in you to give an unintentional whimper of fear. You heard the door close softly, then a dip in the bed behind you. You curled into yourself more than you already had, squeezing the stuffed animal onto your stomach. There was then a hand placed gentle on your shoulders, easing them from their tense state. "Would you like to talk about it?" Loki asked softly, still not face to face with you. You slowly turned to face him, still not uncurling from your little ball.

Lifting up the blankets on the bed, you looked at him, "Come on then."

With a flash of green, he changed from his suit to more comfortable clothing for laying down. When he got comfortable, he held one of his arms out which you quickly shuffled over to, now safely in his arms. "Would you like to start now, my darling?" He asked again, as softly as the last.

Laughing softly, you sniffled before starting, "It's just a stupid thing I've had since I was a kid. Loud noises scare me a lot, especially with the bright lights." as you said this, a loud rumble of thunder came again, making you jump.

"People have their own reasons for their fears, which does not make them stupid, alright?" He said, drawing small shapes on your clothed back.

You both stayed like that for a moment, perfectly in peace with the light rain patting on the windows, until another burst of thunder came again. Cuddling closer to him, you tangled your legs into his, which he did as well, both of you just wanting to be with the other at this moment. You were perfectly content until you realized, "Wait where's my stuffie?" You untangled your legs and turned around, looking for it on the bed. Not seeing it, you look over the bed to see it on the ground face up, still smiling at you even after all the times you have dropped it. Reaching down to grab it, you nearly fell but got caught by the waist by Loki, who was cautious in case something like that happened.

Grabbing the stuffie, you turned back around and cuddled into Loki's embrace once again, tangling your legs together one more time. His right arm was under your head while his left was over your waist. Both of you perfectly content. Loki looked down at the stuffed animal you were clinging onto and laughed softly, "Is that the one I gave you for your birthday?"

You blushed softly and muttered, "Possibly."

He laughed again and kissed your crown gently, pulling you closer to him. Neither of you realized you were falling asleep until you both woke up to the bright sunlight streaming through your window the next day, still in each other's arms.

My idea for this came at 2am when I was struggling to sleep because of the thunder and lightning going on outside 👍 It is now an hour later and I have no regrets.

Who needs sleep?

-I.O.