10 - Constantly Pushed Back to the Past

Start from the beginning

"Oh I know!" Dazai gasped. "Care to rock-paper-scissors over it, Kunikida-kun?"

"Not a chance," Kunikida glared.

"N/N-chan, you still need more practice memorising the keys on the keyboard, right?" Dazai tried.

"No," you deadpanned. 

"Atsushi-kun," Dazai trilled. "Let me teach you how to write a report today~"

"After that show?" Atsushi scoffed.

"Hey, this concerns you too, you know," Dazai grumbled. "I'm talking about the villain who put a bounty on you."

"You know who it is?!" Atsushi gasped.

"According to the mafia records I found, it was set by the boss of "The Guild", a North American group of Skill Users," Dazai explained. 

"They actually exist? I thought it was just an urban legend," Kunikida mused. "Their members retain top roles in politics, finance and military circles... but behind the curtain, they use their vast wealth and abilities to engineer all manner of conspiracies, like the villains in some clichéd dime novel."

"You mean bigshots like them want this kitty-cat?" You laughed. 

"We'd have to ask them to find out... though an appointment with them might be tough to obtain," Dazai hummed. "But if we can get the slip on them-"

"Bad news!" Tanizaki announced, slamming the door open.

Just then, you heard the sound of a helicopter flying in, to which all of the agency workers immediately rushed to the window to see the spectacle. A blonde man in a suit left the aircraft, a briefcase in hand. He was flanked by a redhead in a black dress, as well as what looked like a pastor. Three major figures of The Guild, that much was certain.

"So, they seized the initiative, huh?" You remarked. "President!"

All of you stepped out to formally greet them, Fukuzawa leading the group as you met them in front of the agency. Fukuzawa immediately invited them in, allowing the leader to take a seat on the couch opposite the President, while his two teammates stood behind him. Naomi flitted about the kitchen, getting tea and snacks for all those who wanted some.

"What a joy it is to meet you-!" The leader began, only to stumble at the president's name. "President Fukuna, er... Fukuda...?"

"Fukuzawa," the President corrected. 

"Yeah that," the leader nodded. "By the way... that wasn't bad, was it? Parking the helicopter on the street? I've never paid a visit to an office without a heliport."

"I certainly appreciate you coming all this way from foreign lands," Fukuzawa grit out. "What brings you here?"

"Ooh, that's a rare design! And here I fancied myself an expert in porcelain ware!" The leader awed. "What brand is this, may I ask? Royal Franc? Or El Zerga, perhaps?"

"Shimomura Ceramics from next door," Naomi scoffed.

"Ah, pardon me," the leader hummed, sliding a business card over the table. "My name is Fitzgerald. I run a little group over in the Americas called "The Guild". I also have a personal interest in three conglomerates, five hotels, a major airline, a rail company-"

"Fitgerald-Dono," Fukuzawa interrupted. "I hear word you used a bounty to tempt the mafia into attacking us. Is this true?"

"Ah, that was a little mistake of mine, old sport!" Fitzgerald grinned. "I had so little idea that organised crime in this nation was so unreliable! By way of apology, I have a nice little offer for you!"