Chapter 5

Hana's POV

This wasn't anything new to me as I knew they get into fights often but it still feels scary. As the rude people finally walked out, Mito-kun signalled Takamiya-kun and the others to follow them. 

My hand moved by itself and held Michi's wrist, making them stop and look at me.

"Why don't you take Hana-chan home, Hanamichi?", Ohkusu-kun said while still looking at the ugly faces of the delinquents from earlier.

"Yeah, we can take this.", Mito-kun said as he gave me a smile. Noma-kun and Takamiya-kun each gave a nod as they cracked their knuckles, itching to start fighting.

Michi nodded and guided me out.

We were aimlessly walking around to pass the time when I noticed that I was walking alone. I turned to see Michi standing still as if he was contemplating about something.

"I just remembered I have something else to do. Can we go back?"

I sent him a confused look to which he responded with a blushing face. Realizing where he wanted to go, I gave him a smile and a nod. 

Arriving back at school, Michi headed for the gym. I leisurely followed behind as I was already tired from all that running and walking. Seeing a vending machine nearby, I decided to purchase bottles of water. For me and my brother.

When I got to the door, there were three girls standing in the way. They were screaming a certain ravenette's name as they squirm around and about like they have a bee up their ass.

Oops, that was rude.

But they do look like it though.

I tried to excuse myself in order to get inside but they didn't hear me, or acted like they didn't. One of the girls 'accidentally' pushed me and I realized there was someone behind me when I bumped into something.

I heard a small 'Oof!' and I looked behind to see an elderly man with quite a round figure. He was wearing glasses and has a well-combed mustache. He smiled at me kindly as he helped me regain my footing.

"T-Thank you..", I bowed and stepped aside in order for him to walk first.

"All the best, Rukawa-kun!", the three birds screeched simultaneously.

"Ladies.."

The players turned their head towards them as they were surprised by the sudden screams. Even Rukawa-san turned his head their way, making the trio squeal even louder.

"Sorry ladies, excuse me..", The kind-looking old man said as he tried to get through but to no avail.

Peeking through the small space between the girls and the entrance, I saw that Michi was looking at the girls while one of his eyebrows twitched in irritation. 

I bet he's annoyed that Rukawa-san is popular.

I was right as he started stomping towards where the girls and I were standing.

"W-We are practicing right now and you're distracting us.", Michi said with a faint blush on his face as he avoided looking at us, "Stop yelling 'Rukawa, Rukawa', okay?"

Afraid of fighting with girls, huh?

Who knew my brother had a cute side to him?

I slightly giggled as I watch his attempt in scolding the girls. 

"Do you know that he's a gangster boss in Year 1?"

My ears twitched as I heard them say.

"Oh, that's scary. How can a gangster join the basketball team?"