Chapter 1

Hana's POV

Looking up at the sky, I shielded my eyes as the sunlight came into view. Sighing, I opened my bento and started eating as various thoughts filled my head. Spending lunch at the school's rooftop was very comfortable to say the least.

There's no one here.

This is nice.

Glancing at my watch, I noticed that it was time to go back to class and so I started finishing up. As I was walking however, I didn't pay attention to whatever was on the rooftop floor and tripped. 

Huffing in annoyance as I picked up my bento box, I turned to look at what tripped me. 

It's... a leg?

I peeked behind the wall and saw a guy sleeping with his arm over his eyes. He has black hair and a pale complexion. An irritated sigh escaped my lips as I thought of how inconsiderate the guy was. 

Lying in here with his legs sprawled out without a care in the world.. how careless!

I was about to give his leg a light kick but before my shoe could even touch him, he stirred in his sleep. Afraid of being caught, I quickly left.

~

"Spring has come to me at last!", I heard a familiar masculine voice say followed by the cheers of four other guys.

When I saw who it was, I sighed faintly and hurriedly entered my classroom. I knew that if he saw me, he would just rope me up in one of his and his friends' crazy endeavours. My brother seemed to always get other people's attention wherever he goes.

Maybe it's his hair?

Oh screw that. I have the same hair.

I fully intend to just live quietly as if I didn't exist. 

People are annoying.

And scary at the same time.

I shivered at the thought of even talking to them. 

Over my dead body.

Sitting on the very back, I decided to organize my things before the next teacher comes in. As I was taking out my notes, a group of girls from my class approached me.

So much for a quiet highschool life.

"Hey piggy.", a girl with her hair up in two ponytails on either side of her head rudely nudged my shoulder. Realizing that retaliation would do me no good, I just didn't pay them any attention.

"Are you deaf? I said hey!", she sounded annoying so I didn't bother looking up again. This seemed to have angered her as she gestured for her lackeys to knock my things off the table. Sighing deeply, I picked up my things and wordlessly went back to what I was doing before they approached me.

A smirk made its way to the corner of my lips as they realized they wouldn't get a reaction from me and left.

See? 

Annoying.

~

Surprisingly, the teachers gave us free time and so I decided to stop by my brother's class.

As I was nearing his room, I saw a pretty girl run out as she muttered my brother's name.

Was she looking for him too?

I peeked inside his classroom and saw that there was no one. Turning to where the girl went, I decided to follow her.

I picked up my pace, trying hard to catch up to her. As we both ran, I realized that we were heading to the rooftop. I purposely stayed a few steps behind so she wouldn't see me, at least that was what I likedto tell myself. The truth was I just couldn't run as fast as I thought I could. When I heard her open the door, I ran and hid behind, slightly holding it open so I could see what was happening.

"Please stop it, Sakuragi-kun!", the pretty girl said as she barged outside.

"Haruko-san!", my brother said, surprised by her sudden appearance.

Look at how his eyes lit up.. he must really like her.

How can he not though? She is exactly his type!

Haruko-san then looked at the other guy with them, a tall guy with that familiar pale skin and raven hair. She looked shocked as blood was obviously running down the side of his face.

Uh oh.

This doesn't look good.

The way my brother was holding the guy's collar earlier, it was easy to misunderstand the situation.

"Sakuragi-kun! Everyone says you're a bad student and are very scared of you. But I didn't think like them.", Haruko-san started scolding him, "I never thought that you would do such things. Hurting others by violence is the worst action."

Anger was building inside me as I hated it when my brother was accused of something he didn't do. He might look and think like an idiot but deep down, he's a good guy.

"I've misjudged you, Sakuragi-kun. You're disgusting!"

That's it.

"Hold on, Haruko. You've got it wrong!", Mito-kun tried to explain but the girl ignored him and ran straight to the other tall guy.

I fully opened the door and took determined steps towards them. Noma-kun was the first one to see me, followed by the other three. My brother didn't seem to hear his friends as he was too shocked by the words Haruko-san said.

"Rukawa-kun! You have to wipe the blood.", she took out a handkerchief and attempted to press it against the guy's forehead but he turned the other way, "There's no need."

The guy clearly didn't want to but she persistently insisted.

"You're so annoying. Just leave me alone. Who even are you?", the guy responded coldly. 

I fought back a laugh as I could relate. If that was me, I would've been annoyed as well.

But knowing my brother, he wouldn't just sit back and watch when someone said rude things to the girl he liked.

"Rukawa!"

Called it.

"You jerk... How can you hurt Haruko-san in that way?", he angrily yelled and landed a punch on the guy supposedly named Rukawa's head.

He held Rukawa-san's face in his hands and hit his forehead against the latter, his go-to move every time he fights.

Rukawa-san then retaliated by sending a punch of his own towards Michi's face. This made my idiot brother even angrier. With his nose bleeding, he was shouting furiously as Takamiya-kun and the others tried to hold him back.

I facepalmed as I knew how crazy my brother could get. I didn't want to have to move to another school this early so I stepped up and stood in between them. 

"Hana?", Michi finally noticed me as I looked at him straight in the eye and knowingly shook my head.

He stared back and after a few seconds, groaned before removing his friends' hold on his arms.

Haruko-san, who was standing with her mouth agape amidst all of this, suddenly ran towards the raven-haired guy. She continued to ask him if he was all right but he just ignored her and walked away.

She turned back and looked at Michi, "Sakuragi-kun, you were way too overboard! I really hate you!"

And with that, Michi bursted into tears and started saying stupid things like his life was over and whatnot. 

It seems that I have sighed too many times today. Walking up to my brother, I held his face with my hands and did what he did to Rukawa-san earlier, I headbutted him.

And trust me, it hurt me way more than it hurt him.

"Ow..", I said as I gently patted the bright, red spot on my forehead.

The pain was worth it though since he seemed to have regained his senses.

"Let's go.", I uttered as I held his wrist and guided him back down. I took my handkerchief and held it against his bleeding nose. He mumbled his thanks and walked away.

My head was already hurting and the day wasn't even over yet!