Chapter 76 ~ Different

Start from the beginning

I flopped down to the couch within my private room in "Eden", laying on my back as Anne and Maya-chan prepared some tea and snacks for me.

Laura and Alex had told me to leave the rest to them and made me take a rest in this room. They said it's better for me to go and take a rest so they could focus on running the store and handling the bunch of customers that's been flowing in nonstop since I finished my speech.

I could hear faint bits of commotion downstairs, despite this room being quite far from the main hall of the store.

"Alterisa-sama, please sit up. It is unbecoming for such a prestigious lady like you to act in such a manner."

"Eeeeeh~ But I'm tired~ I have been super nervous all this time, you know~?"

"No is no. You must maintain your elegance, Alterisa-sama. Although this is your store, we are technically still in public, you know?"

"Eeeeeeh? Then... Anne, you sit down and lend me your lap."

"W-Wha-! Alterissa-sama! Please stop joking!"

"I'm not joking~ Pleeeeeeeeeeease~ Anne~"

"U-Ughh... S-Showing such an adorable isn't fair... Alterisa-sama."

"Ehehe~ As expected, Anne's the best~! I loooooove you~!"

I immediately dove into Anne's lap and hugged her waist before laying my head on her.

"Hah... You are the crown prince's fiancee as well as the most highly-regarded lady you know? If anyone sees you behaving this way..."

"It's fine~ Everyone who would come in here already know about me~ And also, Anne is also a part of my family, so no one would complain~"

"A-Alterisa-sama..."

"Muuuuuh... Anne-neesama is receiving Alterisa-sama's affection again... How envious..."

"Wha-?! Maria! I-I am not-"

"Ehehehe~ Maria-chan, come here~!"

"Yes~!"

Maria-chan quickly sat down beside the couch on her knees and I began softly stroking her beautiful golden hair.

"Ah~ Alterisa-sama~"

"Hehe~ Your hair is so smooth now~ I see that you've been using the shampoo I give you diligently~"

"Yes~ Anne-neesama has been making sure Iris-neechan and I treat our hair properly every night~"

"Fufufu~ I'm glad~ Thank you for helping me take care of them, Anne~"

"Y-Your words honor me... But please don't mind it, Alterisa-sama. I have come to care about them as if they're my little sisters as well."

Anne stroked Maria-chan's fluffy hair as well, and she immediately began nuzzling her hand like a cute little animal.

"Hehehe~ I'm glad~"

"Ah, Alterisa-sama. Would you like for me to feed you these cookies? Anne-neesama had brought it specially for you, knowing you would like some after the long day."

"Eh?! Really, Anne? Thank yoooooou~ You know me so well~!"

"You are very welcome, Alterisa-sama."

"Hehe~"

"Here, Alterisa-sama~ Aaaaaaum~"

"Aaaaaaum~ Mmmmmmh~! It's so good~"

"Alterisa-sama, please excuse me. There are bits of crumbs on the corner of your lips."