𝟗┆彡 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧

⋄⊱──────────────────────⊰

"Huh?"

Jonathan Joestar stared at the grown woman with a confused look. All his serotonin washed away just as quickly as it came. He gave her a wide eyed stare with lips agape, while she held a frown and a glare just as cold as the blizzard whirling around them. Speedwagon looked at the woman, then back at his newfound friend in confusion.

"[Y/N]! Where have you been!?" He exclaimed while clenching his fists. He felt betrayed by her, when she left when he needed her most. He lost his best friend and his love, and attained an enemy that grew up with him. Where had his defender gone? Where had her usual familiarity gone? Where had the days of staring at the blue sky in a patch of grass gone? The woman in front of him couldn't be his [Y/N]. Not in a million years, he simply wouldn't accept it. She might as well be a skinwalker.

"Answer the question Joestar." She ignored his own questions. She held a curved dagger behind her back, tucking it between the ruffles of her cloak. The woman watched as the blue haired male shifted uncomfortably under her gaze.

"You really don't remember, [Y/N] [L/N]?" Tears threatened to fall done against his cold, red cheeks, "You don't remember us seven years ago?" He held his to palms out, taking a step forward in desperation. He never cried. A Joestar should never cry. But she was just so cruel. His heart ached at the sight of her eyes that held a glint of danger and hostility. 'Why is she cautious!? She should be hugging me like always!' He thought while his lips quivered like a child.

The sight of the distraught man, gave a pang in her heart that she didn't like the feeling of. Guilt was a foreign feeling in her chest. She visibly calmed at his outburst, loosening her grip on the hilt of the dagger. It was obvious his tears of grief weren't bait, he was genuinely in anguish. She wondered how this boy in a man's body managed to break down the steel walls she had taken so long to build around her heart by a simple plead.

"So you did know me..." Her eyes suddenly switched to ones of hopefulness, discarding her logic of trusting a stranger. To this, JoJo paused in his small tantrum, unwrapping his gloved fists. "It seems I've lost all my memories when I was thirteen years old," she explained while putting her hand to her chest, "I'm still not sure why." Even trying to remember her past, it gave her a headache. Like there was a tall, long wall keeping her away from her memories.

A sudden grin played onto the man's lips. A shy ray of hope, but at least it was still there.

"I'll help you remember yourself!"

There it was, his grin that made her heart flutter. A cold night, but her chest was warmed with reassurance and nostalgia from his glow. She quickly figured that he puts others before himself. A heart of gold, in which she'll make sure to cherish.

–•–

Three days have passed since then. Dio Brando dressed in an unusual but lavish tuxedo and feather boa waddled down alleyways mindlessly with a large bottle of alcohol in hand. It was five in the bloody morning as he was far away from the mansion getting drunk like there was no tomorrow. He knew the sun would start to rise soon, and his servants would start to search for him, but his mind was clouded by anger at himself.