She loosens her grip when she realizes what she is feeling, scared that such an emotion appeared. She had enough trouble giving mice to Aoi, so how could she ever have the feeling to kill someone. Her thoughts are interrupted when she hears something hit the ground. She looks over to her right.

Naruto had tripped on his way out of the room. Kakashi tells him that if he tries to practice anymore, he will die from over usage of his chakra.

Naruto smirks confidently, tying his forehead protector tighter as he stands, "I'm going to show Inari that there are still heroes in the world!"

With those words, Naruto storms out of the room, running into the woods. (Y/n) turns around to face Kakashi to see if he was going to go after him as he had to her the previous night. Kakashi simply sighed, waving the blonde away to (Y/n)'s surprise. She would have gone out with Naruto, but her body was begging for her to go to sleep.

She stands from her spot, deciding to listen to her body. If she was going to get any better at her chakra control, she needed to have energy tomorrow. She walks out of the room without speaking. She did not have the energy to give her goodnights, especially after hearing about Inari's father.

Tazuna stares at her disappearing figure as she makes her way out of the door. Once she was away he turns to the white-haired man, "What's wrong with her?"

Kakashi takes a moment, deciding whether it was his place to speak or not, "She lost her parents, rather gruesomely, when she was seven."

"Maybe I shouldn't have spoken of Inari's father then," Tazuna mumbles, but Kakashi shakes his head.

"She's a shinobi now, she has to deal with death at one point, they all do," Kakashi states coldly. Sakura gulps at the thought of the possibility of her or someone else dying in front of her. She couldn't imagine the toll it could take on someone. Her green eyes shift to look over at Sasuke, but he had silently left the room already.

(Y/n) was fixing her (h/c) hair when the doors slid open. She turns around to meet cold onyx eyes staring back at her. There was something weird about the way he was looking at her. She awkwardly gives him a small smile, "Are you also going to sleep?"

He stares at her, not answering her. She awkwardly turns around to face away from him since he wasn't going to speak to her. That's something she didn't understand about the boy. She had been able to get close to Naruto and Sakura, but the dark-haired boy was another story. Maybe he was just too prideful to speak to someone like her? Although, he had helped her find Aoi the previous night.

"How did you lose your parents?" a question she wasn't expecting made her body freeze in its spot. Her head slowly turns, her eyes meeting his gaze. She takes a deep breath in before answering.

"They were shinobis, they were on a mission," the same lie she told Sakura slipped her tongue before she could hold it back. Sasuke may be the most mature out of all of them, but if Sakura finds out that she lied to her, then there may be some drift between them. Well, there may even be a drift if she finds out her crush was talking to her privately.

"Hn" he hums before walking out of the room leaving a confused (Y/n).

"What is his issue?" she whispers down to Aoi who was wrapped warmly in her thick blankets. The blue snake's tongue flicks in response agreeing with her that the interaction was weird. She shrugs her shoulders, sliding into the blankets as her head hits the pillow. Tomorrow will be a new day and she will be better than the previous day.

✦✧✦✧

The next morning was quiet. Sakura was out protecting Tazuna, Sasuke and Naruto were somewhere in the forest, and Kakashi and (Y/n) were alone in a small clearing of woodland. The white-haired man had asked her to follow him without telling the young girl much of what they were going to do.