𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭

"Please, I need at least two more weeks. I don't have the mora yet-" He was interrupted by a knife being thrown at the table, right next to where his arm was resting. The mysterious person leaned towards your father. "I'm getting real tired of waiting for that mora your wife owns me. Let me make the deal a little bit easier for you." Your father gulped. "If you don't find me the 2 million mora your wife owes me in four weeks, I will marry your daughter. Do you understand me?" he fixed his glove. "No, please-" 

"Do you understand?" he raised his tone. Your father sighed defeatedly and gave a nod. "Good." The mysterious man took a step back and signaled your father to leave. Your father picked up his coat and got up from the table where he was supposedly negotiating. The walk from the table to the exit door was tense, your father could barely keep his eyes looking forward. The man put his hand on your father's shoulder when he reached his side. "This is the final offer, remember that." With no response, he left. 

After your mom's sudden death, your father, Gregor Nachtnebel, had to take charge of all the mora left behind and the name of the clan. Your mom was a healthy woman, therefore, there was no reason to plan out what to do with her savings in case she where to be gone. But in this world, evil grows and grows everyday. She was found dead in an alley close to the Angel's Share. Her death was recent too. It had only been 6 months since. Because your mom was one of the few left of her clan, let along wealthy, she was quite well known among the people, specially those that wanted the Nachtnebel Clan gone. 

In regards to the money situation, because your mother died so suddenly and young, she never filled the correct papers to tell the bankers that if the moment where she is no longer alive comes, your father would be able to handle the mora. So, her mora was frozen at the bank. 

"Welcome to the Mondstadt bank, how may be of your service?" The young lady at the bank asked Gregor. "Hello, ma'am. I'm here because I need help with the frozen mora in my wife's account. She died 6 months ago and I haven't been able to touch any of the mora and I really need it." He scratched his head. "Of course, What is your wife's first and last name?" "Adelina Nachtnebel." The woman began looking through the files. "Adelina, Adelina... Ah! Here it is. let's see, yes, her death is already written on her file. Let see if she has any papers regarding her mora..." Gregor began to sweat, he had already gone to the bank but the worker that day refused to check Adelina's file without her permission even though she was dead. "Sir, I don't see any personal permissions regarding her mora. However, she does have her clan's default permissions." Gregor was relieved. and with a slight stutter he begged the worker to read the permissions to him. "It says here that all of Adelina's wealth will be granted to her first child as long as said child is married with the intent to bear children. It also specifies that the person to marry Adelina's first child must be of another clan in teyvat." Gregor's eyes went blank. "Of another clan? marriage? but my daughter only turned 19 two months ago. She is too young to think of marriage. I-" 

"Sir, I understand. However those are the conditions written on her mora permissions. I understand these conditions may seem strange and absurd but this is how it usually is for people in clans. If your wife had been like you, someone who wasn't born into a clan, these funds would've been easy for you to access. I'm so sorry." She furrowed her brows as she felt sorry for the man.  Gregor thought of the offer the mysterious man had told him. If you don't find me the 2 million mora your wife owes me in four weeks, I will marry your daughter. He couldn't allow this. He wasn't going to marry off her daughter to that man who was no better than pigeon crap. he had to find a man who was single and belonged to a clan, but the thing is, most of them are already married, are too old or too young or aren't interested in arranged marriages. And most importantly, he wanted to make sure the man that would marry his daughter was a man of good and would treat her as the princess she was to his eyes. "Thank you ma'am, I'll find what to do with this all." he smiled only with his mouth, since his eyes remained in sadness and desperation. "Where can I find some guidance, I need to start searching somewhere..." His eyes brightened. "Ah! A visit to my brother. He has worked with plenty of clans before, maybe he knows of anyone that can be a great husband to my dear (y/n)."