Chapter 8: Pact Troubles

I am feeling generous today due to the fact that I just noticed that this has received over 2 thousand reads! Thank you so much everyone! (っ*'∨')っ
Enjoy an extra long chapter!

=====

"It's almost like some sorta dad
joke, I know he's notta dad but he's pretty old isn't he?"

I hear Lucifer walk up behind him.  Mammon begans bursting into laughter, and Lucifer joins in with a fake laugh.

✪✪✪✪✪

"Haha! Man, I gotta stop laughin' so hard. My stomach is hurtin' but you gotta agree Lucifer is pretty old, isn't he?" Mammon laughs, still oblivious.

"You think?"
Lucifer asks, smiling.

"..."

"D'AAAAAAH!"
Mammon screams.

*WHACK*
Lucifer struck Mammon on the back of the head.

"OW! Hey, what's the big idea?! You didn't have to hit me THAT hard!" Mammon yelled at Lucifer.

"... you know, he's so stupid that's it's almost sad.." Asmo said quietly and dramatically.

"Mhm. I can't believe he's actually our brother. It's almost like we're being punished or something." Satan said while smiling.

"Hey! I heard that!" Mammon yelled.

"I never got to congratulate you on what happened, (Y/n), in outsmarting a certain dimwit." Lucifer began.

"Who're you callin' a dimwit?!" Mammon shrieked.

"Your opponent may have been stupid, but even so, you've only just arrived. It's a real accomplishment managing a feat like that in such a short span of time. Well done. I imagine Diavolo is pleased as well. We continue to expect big things from you." Lucifer commended.

"Thanks, I'll try my bes-"
"Hey, human! C'mon, time to get going!" Mammon interrupted and dragged me out the door. I grabbed my bag and waved goodbye to everyone while speeding out.

◄◄◄►►►

"Seriously! What is with that guy? He can't go a single minute without bringin' up Diavolo. It's always Diavolo this, Diavolo that." Mammon starts to talk on and on about Lucifer, kinda ironic.

We make it out of the House of Lamentation, and hop into what seems to be another limousine. I wonder how many they have if only me and Mammon are riding in this one.

...

We've probably sat here quiet for about 5
minutes now, not that I mind though. I move my hand near my pocket and notice my phone is missing, maybe I threw it in my bag or something.

"Ya know.. Ever since you got here, human it's been nothin but one bad thing after another for me." Mammon said, bored.

So we're starting off a conversation like this, are we?

"So, let's get somethin' straight. I didn't make this pact cause' I wanted to, and I ain't happy about it! Everything I did, I did for my credit card- for my baby, Goldie. If you end up gettin' yourself eattin' by some demon here at RAD, don't blame me, cause' I don't give a damn." Mammon urged.

I simply just nodded and went with it.

"You got that human?! Don't go thinkin' you're all great and stuff just cause' you managed to make some stupid pact human!"
Mammon expressed, loudly.

If he's gonna talk to me like this, I'm gonna talk that way back. I intimidatingly lean forward and command:
"Call me by my name."

"Shut your mouth! I'll call you whatever I damn well please! You don't deserve to have me call you by your name, human!" He refuted, heavily emphasizing the word human. I can feel him trying to push against the pact, I can hear him heavily breathing aswell.

As he was talking we arrived and I hopped out. I listened for him to get out and shut the door. There are a few demons around ahead. I wait until I can feel him walking towards me... annnnd....

"MAMMON, STAY!"
I shouted and pointed towards him.

"Wh-What's going on?! I-I can't move!"
He shouted, I can feel him fighting against me, but losing this time.

I began to walk backwards, slowly whilst staring at him, or in his general direction atleast.

"Wh-What'd you do to me?! I-Is this some kind of magic?! Listen u-up h.. hu.. huma.. *sigh*.. (Y/n)." He finally lets out. "What the.. dammit! Don't tell me this is all cause of the pact?! Ugh.. let me go human!"

"I don't know if I give a damn." I say mocking his tone from earlier.

I take two more steps back..

"HUMA... (Y/N).. (Y/N)! M-MY BOSS! NO, YOUR MAJESTY (Y/N)!" Mammon yells.

Alright, I may have gone a bit too far.
"You can c'mon with me if you want." I begin to walk towards the entrance.

We walk into the school and then into class together. I hear a sicking amount of whispering while walking. I may have let my emotions get the better of my judgment.

✩✩✩✩✩
Timeskip brought to you by:
Satan is a furry, change my mind.
✩✩✩✩✩

At long last I hear the class bell ring, and now the insufferable amount of gossip begins. I toss my bag over my shoulder and stand up, when Diavolo taps on my shoulder to get my attention.

"Good morning, (Y/n)! How were classes?" Diavolo asks with great intrigue.

"Oh, they were alright. Potions is kinda hard though." I reported back.

"Ah, but all the more to learn it if it's difficult." Diavolo said, lightening the mood.

"You know, whenever you make an important announcement, the demons couldn't care less. But rumors... they seem to spread like wildfire." A new voice clearly speaks.
"Just when I thought the uproar about the new exchange student started to subside some, now they're all freaking out about this."
The new voice sighed.

"Come now, don't say that, Barbatos. I'd say that all this gossip is a good thing. It means that everyone will be watching this human, which makes it hard for any demon to go after (Y/n)'s soul." Diavolo trying to lighten the mood, again.

"Yes. Since Mammon's not doing a very good job as a guardian. I told him he was to look after (Y/n), but he's off somewhere shirking off his responsibilities. Though I figured this would happen." Lucifer spoke, lowering the mood.

"I must say, l can't believe you managed to forge a pact with Mammon, (Y/n). That's no small feat.  And what's more, you did it in such a short time." Diavolo attempted lightening the mood, for the third time.

"I suppose it stands as proof that you choose well bringing this human here, Lord Diavolo."
The one who I assume is Barbatos said. Finally leaving the mood light.

"I'm sorry but, I don't believe we've met."
I said trying to sound formal and polite around Diavolo and Lucifer.

⌃⌃⌃⌃⌃⌃
Thanks for reading as always! I've really enjoyed reading all your comments!
⌃⌃⌃⌃⌃⌃
Word Count:
1127
⌃⌃⌃⌃⌃⌃