98

RED AND THE WOLF
Purple Hyacinth | Chapter 98

"Dokja, wake up." Kim Dokja has woken up to the sound of (Y/n)'s voice. She was tapping his cheek, he slowly opened his eyes and first saw her face, inches away from his.

"Oh fuck!" She screamed, "My God, I thought you were dead. I should've checked your pulse. Fucking hell you scared the shit out of me."

She was holding her chest with her left hand, her right hand on the floor, supporting her body so she would not fall.

His eyes widen, holding onto her shoulder unconsciously.

"You act like we weren't just about to do it not even 96 hours ago." She deadpan, standing up and looking around, Kim Dokja's reddened cheeks going unnoticed.

But not on the viewers on the other side...

"They were about to do it?!" Lee Jihye screeched, snatching Sardines from Lee Hyunsung, burying her face into the cat's fur and screamed some more.

"I fucking regret interrupting their moment, but I wasn't prepared to see that, in my defense! Kenji, Gilyoung, you could've had a younger sibling if it wasn't for me. I apologize."

"Jung Heewon-ssi, is that appropriate to say to children...?" Yoo Sangah asked.

"Ahaha... now I feel bad..." Jung Heewon muttered as she stares at nothing.

"I remember (Y/n)-ssi saying that she hates kids." Lee Hyunsung randomly asserted.

"Mom hates kids?" Kenji asked solemnly, he saw that coming— seeing as she doesn't look like the type to settle down or someone who has even a single knowledge about taking care of children.

"I'm sure you two are an exemption," Yoo Sangah said, patting the children's heads.

"She says that... but she has two." Jung Heewon wheezed.

"How can you say these things so casually..." Kim Dokja mumbled.

"Where's Jonghyu—" she stopped talking as she noticed Kim Dokja's expression.

"What? I can't say his name now?" She asked in mild irritation.

"I didn't even say anything." Kim Dokja avoided her eyes, finding the ceiling interesting.

"Well, you didn't have to. You were looking at me like you wanted to commit second-degree murder."

"I was?" Kim Dokja asked, unaware that he is making that face.

She sighed, "Look, I haven't properly apologized yet for... you know. I'm sorry."

"What are you apologizing for?" He questioned, looking into her eyes that screams guilt.

"For letting that happen. I just froze and... rationality seemed to be non-existent at the moment. I should've done something."

He mustered out all the courage in his system and asked...

"Did you like it?" Kim Dokja blurted, causing (Y/n) to blink in surprise.

"What?"

"When you two kissed. Did you feel something?" There was a notable crack in his voice.

(Y/n) did not know what to say, she herself does not know the answer to that question.

"I never really had any problems with sharing... but not you. I refuse to. I love you, and I don't just think I do. I know. I've known since the start."