11 - share a lifetime

Your POV

"About your injuries....." you breathed, stared piercing into the thin line.

Should I ask about that? But we are not that close yet, adding the fact he is supposedly living in another world but ended up sticking in this universe.

A lone, ghostly dark looming ahead. You know who it is. The glimmering from the crescent moon that night brightened in front her only roof. Plus with the light shimmered in her house, enough to illuminate the surroundings.

Dejected to upwards of your chin, you drew a sigh. "You said to me you're immortal."

He cocked an eyebrow, seeking for you to go on after both of you met the gaze only for you to glance away from the maroon orbs.

It's that weird tingling sensation again. You whispered.

"Did the injuries take a long time to heal? It's not that I am worried about you! Don't take me to that point! I was just... as far as I heard that the immortal can't be wounded or they're in speedy recovery ...."

One sided. No reply for the query coming.

Only the breeze cut the silence away among the two of you. That was really .... cumbersome.

Damn damn! Damn it my itchy mouth. Look what have you done! We're super awkward now. I couldn't look at him after I asked that question. With the things happened yesterday. Damn it!

You lifted your head, staring at the demon who stood with his side facing you. Tenses rise as the both of you only let a long silence immersed through the air.

You had no clue. Not a single thought, a hint, an indicator, idea or whatever synonyms with the same terms your thoughts prompt about his action get into you. What a puzzling game he had played with your heart. Those weird fluttered feels hovering in your lowest pit of stomach not only happened recently but since that night your dream almost drowned and suddenly that demon saved you.

What the hell was that supposed to hint me? Who is actually this white demon, coming out from nowhere and now, solitude in my mind like his own?

"I'm just a curse, not divine. Even the curse has an expired date."

Silence again.

He cooed. "More than that...." Built a break between his voice, figured swirled, slowly lifted his head eagerly as his pair of maroon gaze flared up. Unsettling emotions swirled in both of your both souls, unexpecting the words coming from his mouth, your eyes were never widen until that moments came.

"I never mentioned that I am immortal."

"..no, no! NO! HASUMI, DON'T-!"

The sharp-edged of the swords forcely thrusting, penetrate her left chest and mold a hole on her back. Whimpering, she shut her eyes, biting her inner lips, spilled a lot of blood from her mouth. The air thickening, as the heavy breath hitched unfold the unforeseen happened.

As if being possessed, the spirit glasses boy and the demon unmoving to interrupt her reckless action sacrificed herself for others.

And for you, the flashback to the time you're still living in your world spirals thoroughly. Minding in your own thoughts, you hold your gaze to your past self without uttering a single metonymy.

He's right.

He never told me that he is immortal.

He never told me about his name.