They went behind the stage, where Principal Hayes and several other faculty members were trying to make sure everybody was there and present. After calling attendance, the final practice started. The students went through the same procedure that they had done the past two times. By now, nobody was lost or confused about what needed to be done. It was engraved into their memory.

"Beautiful, ladies and gentlemen. Well done." Hayes told them once the practice came to an end an hour and thirty minutes later. She looked at her watch, seeing that it was nearing 11. "Okay, we can start heading out to the field so that you all can take your seats. Please remember to look for the seat that has you first name, middle initial, and last name. There should not be any mix ups."

The students walked onto the field and began searching for their designated seats. When everybody got seated, the large monitor on the stage started showing a slideshow of some of the most memorable moments from the school year.

By now, parents and family members began to arrive and get seated. Xavia looked into the crowd and saw her parents. She waved to them, and they eagerly waved back before blowing kisses her way. She laughed, then turned back around to face the front.

Within fifteen minutes, the stadium was full of guests. Anticipation was evident in the air as everybody waited for the ceremony to start.

At exactly 11 on the dot, Principal Hayes took the stage and grabbed the mic. Then suddenly, all of the chatter and noise ceased.

"Good morning students, family, friends, and faculty. It is with great pleasure that we are here on this lovely day to honor the graduating class of 2022. For the past four years, these students have truly done an oustanding job. Not only with academics, but as far as teamwork, leadership, and integrity. As my mother always used to say, it takes a village to raise a child. I have seen the most fragile caterpillars turn into bold, and brilliant butterflies. All they needed was love, encouragement, and a support system. Now, I never like to pick favorites, but out of all of the graduating classes from Westwood, Class of 22' has a special place in my heart." Hayes said, causing everybody to respond with "Awww!"

"I wont make this speech too long. I just want to say that I see nothing but success and wealth when I look at all 377 of these faces. These babies-..I mean young adults, will be something great in life and I can guarantee that!" She exclaimed, which prompted everybody to clap.

"Now, we will hear from our class Valedictorian, and Salutatorian. Please welcome Chancelor Sourne and Makira Bassey."

The two then came to the stage. Chancelor said his speech first, and Makira's followed right after. Once the speeches were over, a representative from the school district said a few words, before Principal Hayes came back to the microphone with a smile.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the moment that we've all been waiting for. Seniors, please rise and make your way to the side of stage."

All of the students stood up, the followed behind one another as they walked towards the side as directed.

"We will now begin calling the names of the graduates. Please, hold all applause until the very end." Hayes cleared her throat, before looking down at the list of names that was on the podium.

"Alyshia Arden." She spoke, calling out the first name. There were only a handful of students who's last name started with A, which meant that they'd go by somewhat quickly.

Before she knew it, Xavia was coming up next in line. Her stomach was cutting flips as she waited to hear her name.

"Xavia Bishop."

Her parents, along with Arnecia, Zealand and other family members ignored Hayes's request to hold the applause and started clapping as loud as their hands would let them. They yelled, chanted, hollered, and whatever else they could think of.