"I see." She stretched and walked across the room. "Do you think visualizing magic was the trade off?"

"Can't be. We hadn't, um, finished yet." He had told her about the weird tendrils he had seen. In fact, with a bit of concentration, he could see an aura surrounding Yuki. It sparkled like a diamond and changed colors depending on how she stood. "My best guess is that maybe it's from Christmas Present."

"Interesting." She lowered her head in thought. "I guess it would make sense, sort of. Christmas Present can see everything that happens around Christmas day, all at the same time. Do you think that means you can only do it on Christmas?"

"No idea. Will probably experiment with it later when I don't feel so burned out." The meal and rest had refreshed him, but his body ached. Even though he had never run a marathon, he assumed how he felt now was comparable.

"Should probably put a condom on, first," she replied. "In case you make yourself come again."

"Ha ha, very funny. I'll know better next time." He shook his head at the memory of pulling his magic back inside of him. In hindsight, he should have known better. "Being turned into a cum fountain is a party trick I don't feel like repeating."

"Yeah, my sinuses are still out of whack from it." She snorted for emphasis just as the door to their room opened. Mrs. Claus stood there with her hands on her hips, then walked inside for a look around. She said nothing for several moments as she inspected the room, then nodded.

"I suppose dessert is in order after all," she declared, then looked at Mike. "Some friends of yours are here. Why don't you grab a shirt from that closet and we can all meet in the kitchen to discuss what happens next."

"Yes, ma'am." He watched her leave, then let out a deep breath. Knowing that he was off of Mrs. Claus' shit list was a huge relief.

The closet contained several long-sleeved white cotton shirts with buttons at the top. They were vastly oversized, but seeing no alternatives, he put one on. While adjusting the collar around his neck, the shirt shrank down until it became a perfect fit.

Had the pants done the same thing? He hadn't even noticed while putting them on. Seeing a pair of slippers at the bottom of the closet, he put them on and waited. Unlike the clothes, the slippers didn't seem to have any magical properties. They were maybe a size too big, but kept his bare feet off the floor.

"Not bad," Yuki told him. "I imagine Santa can't have someone adjusting his clothes on the fly every time he eats too many cookies."

"The guy's got all those elves, I just figured there'd be a whole division devoted to tailored clothes." He tucked the shirt in and gestured to the door. "Shall we?"

They left the room and found Holly standing outside. The elf sighed in relief when she saw them.

"Kisa said you'd be here," she said. "Though we were a little worried about what shape you'd be in. Mrs. Claus said you were fine, but she seemed upset."

"I'd say it was just a misunderstanding, but we didn't get off on the right foot. Our arrival was a bit...tumultuous."

Holly nodded. "Ours, too. We crashed a reindeer through one of the skylights. The Krampus beat us here and was too preoccupied with banging on the front door to see our approach. Mrs. Claus wasn't mad, though, she was pretty happy to see us."

"Mike rode in on the ghost of Christmas Present," Yuki offered. "I won't bore you with the other details."

"You saw the ghost?" Holly stopped and turned around to face them. "We met Christmas Past, but they were so damaged."