Burried deep

The next thing Oliver knew, he was chained to a chair. Candlelight was the only source of light that he could see as he looked around. About a dozen black robed figures surrounded the circular room. surrounding Oliver on all sides. But one man stood in front of him. He didn't have a hood on as the others did. And Oliver could only assume he was Ra's.

"Hello Oliver." he said, staring at Oliver with such intensity that it made him uncomfortable. "You're Ra's i assume?" Oliver asked finally. Breaking the silence. Ra's nodded his confirmation. "So you've heard of me." he commented. "You could say that." Oliver said, shrugging as much as the chains allowed.

Ra's chuckled softly. "Malcolm betrayed me." He stated. And Oliver got the feeling that he didn't need a conformation of that. "He will pay dearly for that." Ra's continued. "As will your sister." he said, crossing his arms across his chest. "Leave her alone." Oliver said harshly, pulling against the chains. Ra's chuckled again. "No. You have no power here. At least not yet." Oliver frowned slightly. "Not yet?" he asked.

Ra's didn't say anything as he turned and walked from the room leaving Oliver alone. If you could call being surrounded by faceless guards alone. Oliver exhaled deeply and leaned his head back, closing his eyes. He wondered if Felicity was safe. And everyone else. He couldn't loose them.

*******************

Ra's met his daughter in the hall. She had clearly just come from training as she was sweating slightly. "You let Nyssa go help capture him." She said, clearly upset. "I did." Ra's said simply. "Why?" she asked. "I'm older. I'm better at fighting. He's to be mine. Why wouldn't you send me!?" she asked.

Ra's placed a hand on either side of her shoulders. "Because i do not want to loose you, my daughter. Do you understand?" He asked softly. She swallowed hard before sighing. "I understand Papa." She said, looking down. Ra's smiled slightly and kissed her forehead gently. She leaned into him and he hugged her loosely.

***********************

Oliver didn't know how long he had been sitting in that chair when Ra's came back dragging behind him, "Connor!" Oliver exclaimed. Pulling against the chains, desperate to reach him. Connors face brightened immediately as he saw Oliver. "Oliver!" he said back. He started forward to run to him, but Ra's' hand on his shoulder stopped him.

"Let him go." Oliver said harshly, glaring at Ra's. "You're very demanding." Ra's commented. "But I'm not going to hurt him. Unless you don't comply or course. But for now, here." He let go of Connors shoulder and one of the guards stepped forward and unlocked the chians on Oliver. Connor ran forward into Olivers waiting arms.

"I've got you." Oliver said softly. Wrapping his arms around his trembling son. "You're going to be okay." He said firmly. Connor just nodded, pressing his face into Olivers shoulder.

**********************

Malcolm was tired. He was thirsty. He was hungry. And his arms were sore. He had been hanging by them, chained to the ceiling, for who knew how long. To make matters worse, he was hanging over a hot grate. So on top of all the other pain, he was sweating.

Did he regret going to Oliver? A little. But he would do it again in a heart beat. He had to keep reminding himself of that as the minutes ticked by painfully slow. He forced himself to breathe normally as the heat started to get to him. Was he going to be left here to die? It wouldn't be the worst punishment he had heard of the League doing.

He deserved it though. He made many mistakes in his life. And if this was his punishment, he would take it. He only hoped Thea would be okay.

***********************

Thea and Roy were camped under a bridge next to a river. They were huddled together for warmth as they shivered in the cold night air. They had slipped away from the League members an hour ago, and had kept moving since then. Until exhaustion set in that is.

Roy knew they should be meeting up with Diggle and Felicity, but it wouldn't help matters if they were all dead tired. He hoped they were okay...

************************

Felicity couldn't stop sobbing. She blamed it on hormones. Or maybe the fact that her husband had been kidnapped by yet another evil jerk. She pressed her face to Johns shoulder. To his credit, he was surprisingly cool with her crying all over him.

Diggle had helped her down the fire escape of the hotel room hours before. They hadn't run into any problems escaping from any stray League members sent after them. They were currently in a cheap motel room on the bed. Felicity couldn't control her sobbing as she curled into a ball in Johns lap.

He just gently stroked her hair and told her everything would be okay. And soon, Felicity fell asleep. Her thoughts on Oliver.

*************************

Authors note: HAS ANYONE SEEN THE AVENGERS YET!? I just saw it last night. It was soooooo good. If you haven't already, go see it. Right now. XD