Chapter sixteen

"Friday where is everything happening?" I asked anxiously

"In the living area Miss"

Loki furrowed his eyebrows in concentration then turned to me "Stay here" he commanded.

"No," I said firmly, stopping him from leaving. "I rather go with you than stay here doing nothing, and-"

"No, you'll be putting yourself in danger if you go" he sighed exasperatedly and looked sternly into my eyes "Do what I say, and stay here"

"I'm coming with you," I said stubbornly. Loki groaned frustrated. "What if they come here? I'll be dead in a heartbeat" I said before Loki had the opportunity to argue. "Besides, I-"

He ran a hand over his face and sighed
"So what? we go and get ourselves killed because I'll have to be protecting you instead of being focused"

I rolled my eyes "I could be helpful, I'm not the best fighter but I could be of assistant" I shrugged.

He glared at me, various emotions flooding through his green irises, then closed his eyes and groaned stomping his foot on the floor. "Alright, but don't get in the way," He said reluctantly.

_________________________________________

We went out of the room, going through the corridor to the elevator, Loki pressed the button to open it up but it wasn't working

"Damn it!" Loki said hitting the button harder once again. He sighed grabbed my hand and practically dragged me to the stairs.

We were walking down the stairs when suddenly Loki stopped. "What?!" I whispered-shouted, he shushed me putting a hand over my mouth. My eyes went wide, "Stay close to me" he said sternly and dropped his hand from my mouth.

We stepped down a couple of stairs before reaching a corner where the second and third floors connected. We stood there hidden from something, I had no clue of what until I heard hurried steps. My breath hitched. Loki materialized two daggers and put me behind him before going out to confront the intruder. His gaze was calculating fixated on the place where the intruder was to appear. As the steps got closer he got in a fight stance holding the daggers in each hand. Ready to strike.

"Natasha?!" I said relieved, when she then noticed who we were she lowered her weapons. Breathing heavily she approached me "Are you okay? I was going to get you"

"Are you okay?" I asked noticing the gash on her forehead.

"What?" She said noting the direction in which I was looking, she shook her head and chuckled "You should see the other guy"

Loki coughed. "I don't mean to impose this um... Lovely conversation -useless- but lovely nonetheless but in case you have forgotten we are still under attack" He finished clasping his hand behind his back with a sarcastic smile. Natasha and I rolled our eyes she was more annoyed than I. "Yes, well, follow me" She instructed both of us.