A Bag of Coal | Tetsutetsu x Traveller

One long drawn exasperated sigh escaped your lips on the way to Cantina's after an impromptu invite from none other than Real Steel himself. After the major collapse of the Watcher's Agency made the news, you were swamped in the line of duty to ensure rescue missions ran smoothly after the fact. Fat Gum's heroes had already done their part and so your agency followed suit in the effort. It was a few hours in when you were able to grab a hold of your phone, finally able to catch up on any further news from the Local Hero Network, only to find a few text messages from none other than Tetsutetsu.

"Come to cantina i miss you please"

"Kirishima is here"

"With his lover"

"I want you too"

"I want to tell you something"

Recalling those messages between your gloved hands still smouldering from the heat of your skin made you chuckle, but left you with a twinge of regret when you decided to respond back after your long shift was over.

"Are you drunk?"

The intermittent speech bubble popped up as soon as you texted, wondering what strange text messages would flood in, only to receive something sensible instead.

"This is Kirishima's Lover. Yes, he's drunk."

"They both are. Come help me."

Confused as to who you were speaking with from Tetsutetsu's phone, you rounded the conversation with agreeing to make your way to Cantina's, which to your recollection wasn't far from Fat Gum's agency in Esuha. At least you didn't have to hail a taxi to take you to the bar, knowing it was a stroll albeit one that was centred within the busiest district. Not long after did the neon signs catch your eye, taking in the night sky now that it finally descended across the city. Entering the bar was of no surprise, filled with mostly salarymen, but the jovial laughter and boisterous voices of two Pro-Heroes caught your ear, spotting both men dressed down in a casual manner and downing further beers in hand.

Not too far from them was another who sat close by Kirishima, grabbing him every now and then when he swung about too hastily at the bar. No surprise they were the ones who had all phones on hand after the quick text session not long ago. However, the bright sheen of silver hair caught your eye before he turned towards you, blushed pink from the alcohol, yet smiling wide at the sight of you amongst the dim light of Cantina's mood lighting.

"Hey Hot Stuff," cooed Tetsutetsu while his large arms wrapped around your waist as soon as you reached within arm's length. He nuzzled his head into your chest, pulling you into his drunken embrace and humming deeply. It almost felt like he was purring to your delight, unable to hold back a smirk while you turned to Kirishima and his plus one by the bar.

"It's been a while," slovenly remarked Kirishima while his arms wrapped around his partner by his side.

"Yes it has Kirishima," you greeted back. "Glad you boys got out safely from the wreckage."

"Thank you for coming by," piped Kirishima's partner, more so as a relief if anything.

"Of course, you get used to it," you reassured, still feeling Tetsutetsu almost falling asleep into your chest. "Kirishima's Lover, right?"

As expected, you saw them react from the label, finding Kirishima turn to them with an eye of his own, still drunk and confused by the title. Not a word was uttered. Just a few stutters here and there with no explanation before the couple began conversing with each other, leaving you to tend to a drowsy Pro-Hero.

"You're comfy," he crooned while he tightened his arms around your torso, still with his face nuzzled into you.

That night was a few days back, give or take, chuckling to yourself on the memory of having to carry Tetsutetsu back to his place in his drunken swagger. He was a large man, but your height helped, knowing you were just as tall, if not taller than he. The fact was still up for debate, but it was fun to compete with him over the smallest of things for the longest time. Memories of your growing relationship with the Pro-Hero were fueled by second-hand embarrassments, including the first day you met him, by accident, for the Licence Exam when you caught his pants on fire.