"You scoundrel"

Something about Eist's attitude was attractive to her. His eyes, stood out to him the most. They were the most gorgeous shade of blue she had ever seen. In a way they reminded her of Pavetta's green eyes. They burned into whoever they looked at. He looked around the hall casually, locking eyes with her. Rather than looking away as she normally did, she smiled softly nodding at him. He smiled back at her, returning the gesture. It was evident to her that he was a good man, a man worthy of approval. He seemed like the type of father to never raise his voice, and to always teach rather than to punish, he had no problems getting dirty to protect his children and his people. That was a trait she had always admired in people. She could tell he was not like the other idiots that currently drank amongst themselves. He then turned away from her and looked at the women next to the pillar he was leaning on, he smiled at them and began to speak. He was clearly a charming man.

"Handy with a blade, handy with women, too?" Geralt suggested, glaring at Pollux a little for smiling at the man, evidently a little jealous.

"Queen Calanthe refused his proposal three times after King Roegner died, despite the two of them gliding around each other like courting swans. No she was not for living in her husbands shadow again." Pollux was admittedly a little annoyed with Calanthe's reasoning. If Pollux knew of someone who loved her so, and she loved them back she would not continue to deny them the thing both of them wanted. She was selfish to force her daughter to marry to maintain an alliance, but would not marry within that same alliance. Even if she was afraid of living in a man's shadow, the entire continent had heard of Calanthe and her rule. She was feared and respected far more than Eist ever could be. Calanthe, at her core, was a coward for this decision, and Pollux could not find it in her to respect that. Geralt continued to suspiciously eye Eist, watching him dance and gloat around the hall. However, Pollux's attention turned to a frantic Jaskier, who was being dragged towards a wall by a fat, old lord. Pollux quickly excused herself, letting go of Geralt's arm, who felt sad about the loss of contact.

She quickly made her way over to her friend, who was being interrogated, and strangely asked to drop his trousers. She walked up to the lord placing a hand on his shoulder softly. He stopped mid sentence to look at her. When he turned, he came face to face with one bright red eye. looking at him intently. She had a soft smile on her face as she said sweetly, "Excuse me,my lord. Please pay no attention to my friend here. I doubt he was with your wife, see the bard is a eunuch unfortunately. He begged an excommunicated mage to do a task for him, said he'd do anything I am afraid. It cost him, you know. And besides, I have tasked him with traveling with me whilst I was in Temeria. He hasn't been around in a very long time."

The lord bowed his head in awe. He looked at Jaskier with sympathy. "My apologies, my lady. Have one on me, eunuch. Drown your sorrows, today. Apologies for my disrespect."

Pollux then looked at Jaskier, who was staring at her with a disbelieving look on his face. She had one of the biggest shit eating grins, Jaskier had ever seen. Pollux's love language for him seemed to come in the form of fierce protection and an assault of insults or teasing. He knew she loved him, otherwise she wouldn't have tried to save him. He couldn't be angry at her though, seeing the smile was always a rarity, so he let her poke fun. Jokingly he retorted "You are such a twat, Pollux. Thank you." She laughed, placing a kiss on Jaskier's cheek.

"I've done what I have said, try not to get yourself in too much trouble for the rest of the night." Pollux said heading off to rejoin Geralt. She glided elegantly across the hall, a soft expression resting on her face. Eist's eyes didn't leave Pollux's almost floating figure. Something about her was intoxicating. He had no romantic attraction to her as he was deeply involved with Calanthe, yet something about her aura drew her in. He desperately tried to avert his gaze, but eventually the temptation to approach her was too much to resist. He waltzed over to her.

"My lady." He said, smiling down at her.

"My lord." She countered, looking into his pale eyes. She let a small smile grace her lips and she bowed her head. He smiled back at her, so large it touched his ears. She appreciated it, it wasn't very often she had a genuinely nice interaction. "How may I help you?"

"Forgive me if I am too forward, but you stand out so much in this, like a diamond amongst iron." Pollux grimaced internally, the last thing she wanted was to be noticeable. She laughed lightly, attracting the attention of her companion who was close by with Moussack. His gaze fixed on Pollux's facial expressions, to him she seemed to be enjoying the conversation.

"I don't think Calanthe would appreciate you saying that to me, you scoundrel." She said in a teasing way. The tone she took was the same as a mother teasing her son for eating more than he was supposed to. "Though, I'm sure you say that to all the girls."

Eist laughed flirtatiously, aside from Calanthe, Pollux was the only one to not immediately play into his advances. He used the attention to boost his confidence before he eventually padded back to Calanthe, like a lost retriever. "Tis a shame to be reduced to a scallywag by such a force of beauty. They do not call you a siren for nothing, my dear. Your beauty, your presence..it is quite alluring. I am Lord Eist Tuirseach of Skellige. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Eist then picked up her hand delicately and placed a soft kiss on her knuckles. She could tell the way he lingered it was meant to be perceived as slightly inappropriate. The intention was well received by Geralt, who was proper fuming. He stormed over to her as she introduced herself. He approached her just in time to hear Eist ask for her husband. Before Pollux could respond for herself, Geralt jumped in. "She is my wife."

Pollux looked up at him questioningly. Eist laughed, and apologized to Geralt for taking him away from her.

"Good, for a second I was worried about how she would protect herself."

"I did not learn how to wield spears and swords for nothing, sir." Pollux offered.

"A sword?" He questioned incredulously.

"One must know when faced with monsters, both human and not." She smiled.

"My wife is too humble, what she means to say is life as a witcher would be impossible without picking up such skills." Geralt offered smugly, wrapping a protective hand around her waist.

Pollux almost rolled her eyes in annoyance. She would have, however, Eist's expression turned to pure shock. He finally took the chance to look at the woman in full. His eyes stopped at the crest that rested on her breasts. Glowing beat red that he hadn't recognized it before. The two witchers excused themselves walking over to a pillar in a secluded part of the room. When they had reached a stop, Pollux slammed her foot into Geralt's. He looked at her incredulously, asking with his eyes why she would do such a thing. She simply just glared at him, not saying a word. She didn't want to admit it, but it was a little embarrassing for him to reveal her identity like that. She sighed, before looking at the doors of the main hall before passively remarking, "For someone who needs no one, you simply cannot stay away from me."

Geralt's head spun. Surely what he said couldn't have bothered her that much, he assumed she knew it was only to get both her and Jaskier off his back when they pestered him with personal questions or accusations. He never had any intention of hurting the woman he was slowly falling deeper for.