Then I am what they say I am

Pollux stalked out of the tower, absolutely livid. Her emerald cloak whipping furiously behind her. Her face, once void of emotion, was riddled with fury. Her brows furrowed and the skin began to crinkle at her forehead. The witcher's jaw was visibly clenched, her calloused hands balled into a fist, and the vein in her neck pulsed violently.

Geralt followed behind her warily until they were far enough away from the tower. They approached Marilka and the wolves that had stayed behind. The pack of wolves rose to greet her. She walked up to them, tossing some meat she had managed to snag from Stregobor when he hadn't been looking. Pollux turned to Marilka and bid the young girl goodbye, reminding her to never shy away from who she is.

Marilka smiled at Pollux and handed Roach to the white haired witcher. He nodded to the girl in thanks and then began to make his way towards the silent woman in front of him. If anyone had witnessed what had gone on in Stregobor's tower, the stereotype that witchers simply did not feel would be obliterated. Once the pair had reached the forest line Geralt, reached his arm out and placed a hand on Pollux's shoulder.

She froze, tensing more, which shouldn't have been possible. She looked as if she were about to burst. Pollux looked to the hand on her shoulder and turned around. She looked up into Geralt's eyes. The male witcher gazed into the girl's blood red eyes, searching them for answers to his unspoken questions. Her eyes were void of any tears, however, they were filled with raging emotions.

"I apologize for my temper." She whispered.

"That's not what I am looking for." Geralt replied earnestly, referring to her apology.

"Then what could you possibly be looking for?"

"Why such a brutal reaction?"

"The same thing happened to me in Temeria. Not the Black Sun. But having someone sent after me to have me killed." She looked off into the distance. "I had just come back to Temeria after my sudden, em, disappearance. I was playing with the boys in one of the villages when the crest came out of my shirt. Before I knew it guards were chasing me through the woods. I hadn't known what was wrong...at the time. They, uh, well..." Pollux hesitated before noticing the sky. "I'll tell you another time. We need to set up camp before nightfall."

Geralt nodded, unsure of why he was still with the woman after they had agreed to part ways. Whether Geralt wanted to admit it or not, part of him seriously enjoyed the company of Pollux. She was a little brazen at times but she had easily proven she could defend herself. Deep down, he admired her, she'd been good company over the last day.

The pair along with their animals ventured deeper into the thick of the forest. Unlike the one they were previously in, this one was astoundingly green and full of life. Dinner was easy to catch and kill. Pollux had managed a buck and a doe. She'd graciously given the buck to her pack. They ravenously tore the meat apart.

Pollux sat in front of a crackling fire. She'd managed to salvage what she could of the doe and cooked it. When it was done, Geralt handed her two makeshift bowls and asked her to portion it evenly.

Pollux nodded, but put a significant amount of her meat into his bowl. She walked over and handed it to him. His fingertips brushed against the back of her hand gently as she placed the bowl into his palms.

Once Geralt was in possession of his food, Pollux sat down next to him silently eating her portion. Geralt noticed how small hers truly was. She had given him, a stranger essentially, her food. Geralt was shocked, he wasn't used to acts of kindness from others, and Pollux had shown him a great deal.

The two however were shaken from their thoughts when a voice echoed through the wood. "The girl this morning, she took you to see Stregobor. Didn't she?"