4- Hifaazat

HIFAAZAT:

Karan adjusted the pillow behind her back. He tilted his head, before yanking the pillow from underneath Faizi's head, making him hit the doorframe.

"Janaab", Faizi protested, rubbing his head.

He put the pillow underneath her leg, before taking a step back and nodding in approval.

"Ab tum bilkul nahi hilogi", he ordered. He gave her a look when she opened her mouth to protest. "It's an order."

"Karan, main theek hoon", Monami said.

"Kya theek ho? Goli lagi thi tumhe! Ab chup chaap meri baat maanogi tum." He crossed his arms, giving him a stern look. "Main coffee lekar aaya."

Monami chuckled, as he went out of the room, shaking her head. His protectiveness and concern was endearing, if a touch overbearing, but it wasn't anything she couldn't handle.

Fear was almost a constant for him when she was on a mission, she knew. It was rare for the two of them to be together on a mission. Their relationship was fairly well known in the academy after a little over a year of them being together, and it usually hindered them being partners, which only fueled Karan's protectiveness and worry.

He never refused or protested to any mission she was sent on, assured by her capabilities, but if she got anything bigger than a teeny, tiny cut that needed to be seen with a microscope, he'd panic. Silently. Violently, at times with a punching bag. But it was panic, nonetheless. She preferred the few days of overbearingness over his almost self-harming panic.

Partners had been shuffled around in the academy. Of course, they were never a constant, depending on the missions they were sent on. But, some got paired up often enough. Koel and Sanju, Bala and Chitra. And surprisingly, Sid and Karan, and Faizi and her. They were really an incredible team, and on the rare missions the four, or even better, the six including Koel and Sanju went together, they demolished the enemies.

"Mahutarma", Faizi said, sitting up. "Aapke pair mein bhi chot hai?"

"Nahi", she said. "Sirf haath par hai. Par Karan kahan hi sunta hai?"

Faizi chuckled. "Use sirf tumhaari chinta hai."

Ek cheez hai jiske bina main bhi jee nahi sakta. Tum.

"Jaanti hoon", she said, smiling a little. They had been on tons of dates after that first one, but that one would always hold a special place in her heart.

"Coffee", Karan announced, entering the room, carrying a tray. The three cups were handed off, and Karan offered her a rose, making her smile.

---x---x---x---x---x---x---

"Faizi, please, na?" Monami begged.

"Nahi. Hum nahi jaane de sakte tumhe", Faizi said. "Tumhaara wound abhi tak poori tarah theek nahi hua hai. Aur agar Karan ko pata chala ki humne tumhe field mein dobara bhej diya hai... Monami, use toh shaheedi bhi nahi kahenge."

She clicked her tongue. "Aisa kuch nahi hoga. Un logon ko doctor ki zaroorat hai. Please, na, Faizi?" She widened her eyes a little, staring at him with hopeful eyes.

He tried to deny her again, before melting at her look. "Aise dekhkar tumne uss patthar dil zaalim ke patthar dil ko pighla diya. Phir, yeh naacheez kya hai?"

She squealed, hugging him. "Thanks, Faizi. Tum asli bhai ho mere."

"Karan ko mat bataana. Wo sau bahaane bana lega, aur tumhe yahin rok lega", he warned. "Aur hum Batra Sir se baat kar lete hain. Tum ready ho jao. Wo aadhe ghante mein jaa rahe hain."