Episodio 3: Joining The Gang & Finding Polpo's Fortune

Start from the beginning

Giorno Giovanna is indeed one silent killer.

Those who used to knew Polpo very well however, thought back to the fortune some said Polpo's left behind. Some said, he has enough fortune to make a capo out of you.

___

"Hey, Fugo. It's nice outside. Can't we take a day off from studying? I'm not really feeling it today." Narancia begged.

"Thank you for waiting. Here's your strawberry shortcake." A waiter presented four slice of strawberry shortcake.

"Put it over there." Mista simply point, not looking at the cake the waiter presented.

"Very well."

"You know, Narancia, you're praiseworthy. You came to me yourself not too long ago and asked me to teach you because you didn't finish elementary school." Fugo started.

"That's not an easy thing to bring up. Now you've memorized your multiplication tables, haven't you?" Pannacotta added with a question right after.

"You can do this, if you do it like I taught you. You can do it if you try." Fugo assure.

"Ready? What's six times five?"

"Six times five is um... 30?" Narancia tried.

"That's right! See, you can do it. You're basically half way there." Fugo beamed, happy with progress he can grasp.

"I get it. Six times five is 30. All right!" Narancia, too, is happy making somewhat a progress.

"Huh?! Oi! What's the meaning of this?" Mista raised his voice, just noticing how many slices of cake they got.

4

"What do you mean? It's strawberry shortcake, just like you asked yesterday." Fugo clarify.

"I can tell it's strawberry shortcake by looking at it." Mista furrowed his eyebrows, panic as if he's in danger.

"But it's four slices, I'm okay with either three of five. Just anything but four!" Mista explains.

"This again, Mista?" Fugo sigh.

"Fool! It's a bad luck to take one from four of something."

"When I was a kid, there was a cat in the neighborhood. It had four kittens when someone took one out of the bunch. The can scratched out one of his eyes after that and naturally the cat got beat to death after that, I'm telling you! Four is bad luck!"

"I'm telling you that's just a superstition." Fugo cut off.

"Then make it six, both Bruno and Arancini is on their way here anyway." Abbacchio calls out the waiter once more, ordering more slices of strawberry shortcake.

"Geez, then don't eat it." Fugo looks away.

"But I want strawberry shortcake!!" Mista screamed.

"I did it! I'm done, Fugo. How is it?" Narancia lift up his homework book from Fugo and presented his work to his math mentor.

"Hm? You're done? Let me see..." The young mentor began to look.

16 x 55 = 28

"What the hell is this?" Fugo asked calmly.

"Hehehe, is it right?" Narancia asked back, giddy and happy.

"Uh oh." Come Arancini to the rescue, stopping Fugo from assaulting poor Narancia with fork and his unimaginable wrath.

"Calm down now Fugo, no need for violence." The masked figure started.