Time of Reflection

(Earth-Snowy Mountains)

During his usual meditation and high altitude combat training our saiyan warrior known as Thorn was currently taking a small break getting hydrated as well as using an Earth trick to open his airways allowing for more oxygen to be inhaled at a time. As he was finishing this a familiar voice behind him said "Hello monkey...or should I say Thorn?" He faced the voice to find that it was Frieza! Thorn charged at Frieza but just before he threw a punch Frieza didn't move or didn't even attempt to block it, instead he stood there in his usual arms behind his back stance while saying "I'm not here to fight or even kill you Thorn..in fact I dare say you'll enjoy what I have to say." Thorn relaxed slightly listening to Frieza only to hear him say "You see my race has this...disease of sorts and unfortunately it skipped my father and went to me, to make matters worse it is lethal, I know you don't care but since I only respect you and that Goku fellow I figured I'd tell you this." Thorn was stunned by this however because he didn't fully believe Frieza due to the numerous encounters they've had Thorn raised his metal hand and placed it on Frieza's shoulder and said while still clutching Frieza's shoulder "Arm...take blood sample and perform diagnostic scan." Suddenly a sharp prick from a needle lodged in the palm of Thorn's bionic hand enters Frieza's blood stream and after taking the sample the arm after a few moments showed Thorn a readout on the small screen embedded in the forearm that Frieza really was telling the truth. Thorn looked at Frieza who was currently staring off at the mountains then he said to Thorn "Before you ask I don't think I want to be cured and quite frankly that's okay with me...you see I've caused a great deal of pain to everyone I've ever met and to be honest I think my misdeeds are finally catching up to me." Thorn said to Frieza while walking to stand next to the warrior "As much as I want to disagree with you I cannot...You've done so much to cause negative outcomes to those around you and those you interact with however I have one thing we can do." Frieza faced Thorn who simply said "How about one last fight? Mercy rules apply Frieza." This made the warrior smirk and say while going into his Golden Frieza form "Sure...why not? But Thorn if I may ask...why are doing this for me?" Thorn stood stoically facing Frieza and said "Because no matter what you may have done to myself and anyone else, it's the right thing to do. Plus I'd feel worse if I just killed you." Frieza for the first time in his life smiled and had a few tears running down his face as he finally understood why warriors like Thorn, Goku and Gohan stood against himself for so long as well finally understanding why those warriors always defied him. Frieza took his combat stance as did Thorn and after a few moments the two warriors clashed however instead of trying to kill each other Frieza as well as Thorn were just enjoying each other's company with the Saiyan warrior smiling while thinking to himself (It's a shame it took Frieza dying to fight like this, I wouldn't mind doing this once in a while.) Just then Frieza began to cough violently and during this coughing fit he began to cough and spit out blood. Thorn stopped and rushed over to Frieza while saying "Damn...just when it was getting good your body has had enough." Frieza looked at Thorn wanting to speak but was unable to due to his coughing fit and after finally being able to catch his breath Frieza said to Thorn "Do you mind if we stare out at the mountains Thorn?" The saiyan warrior shook his head and after helping Frieza find somewhere comfortable to sit and enjoy the view the two warriors began to reminisce about the numerous times they've fought each other. Frieza was laughing as he remembered the first time the two warriors clashed and even though Frieza felt as if Thorn was wasting his time back then it was clear that Frieza enjoyed that moment. Thorn went to his duffel bag and grabbed a gallon sized canteen of water, he took a swig then offered Frieza some water and after watching the alien warrior have some water it was clear that Frieza didn't have long before he died so Thorn reached out to Frieza and said to him "Hey...I mean it when I say this, I enjoyed our time fighting each other again and I hope that King Yemma allows you to at least walk around in Hell." Frieza smiled and said to Thorn "I'd be lying if I said I hated every moment here...thank you Thorn for everything you've done here, do make time to come visit will you? I want to at least have one true friend in my life." Thorn nodded and after a few moments Frieza's breathing became raspy and weak until finally he said to Thorn "Goodbye...my...friend..may we...meet again." Frieza then slumped over with Thorn still holding the warrior in his arms with the saiyan warrior smiling and saying softly "Goodbye Frieza...I'll see you again some day." Thorn using the same tactic as Goku did for Vegeta on Namek buried Frieza on the mountain they were sitting on and after making sure Frieza was buried properly Thorn stared at the grave and thought to himself (I wish it didn't take so long for Frieza to realize how much of a good person he truly was under all that bravado.) Thorn flew up in the air and after looking at the grave site once more he flew off towards his house wondering what caused Frieza to change like that.

(Sorry for being late to the news but for those that don't know, the voice actor for Frieza named Chris Ayers has passed away this year. This chapter was dedicated to honor the voice actor as well as try to make a chapter where Frieza realizes the error of his ways.)

The Third SaiyanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara