Chapter 30- Unexpected Twists

Start from the beginning

"True."

They walked back to the Green Room, where they were enveloped in hugs. Chloe really wished Paige was there with her, because she always knew how to calm her down.

Meanwhile, Paige was wishing Chloe was there with her as she got ready to go onstage. "Paige, are you okay?" Kendall asked, her voice worried as she saw Paige freaking out.

"No! I don't want that to happen to us!" She was talking about the duet before them. Paige hated this feeling when she watched someone mess up badly, or in this case, two people.

"Okay! Taking a break from the lyrical, and heart-felt acro. We are having high-energy acro. This is Paige and Kendall with Boom Clap, and if you don't know this song, then you have been living under a rock."

Paige and Kendall walked onstage and waited for the music. Once it started, Kendall could not do a backbend. Her back was stiff, which was unusual for her. Why was it doing this?

She went as far as she could, and let Paige do the heavy work. It felt like her back was exploding with excruciating pain. It seared all through her back, and hurt a lot.

At the end, Kendall could barely walk.

"Okay, Rachelle?"

"Kendall, why didn't you do a backbend? I know you can, but why couldn't you?" Kendall gulped as she felt so many people stare at her, dying to know the answer to the question.

"My back hurts. When I tried to do it, I couldn't, then it felt like it was going to explode, almost. I felt like I was going to be humiliated, even my splits hurt and jumps."

Abby twisted her mouth. "Did you stretch your back at all? Did you even stretch?" Kendall glanced at Paige, who looked at her with the most worried expression.

"No."

"That's the reason. You went too fast, so."

Kendall nodded and stayed on, waiting for the other dancers to join. Maddie, Brooke, Jojo, Chloe, and Zack all walked on nervously. The two Hylands felt confident since they didn't get any critiques.

Abby stood up. She shook her head and picked up the head shots. "We have three people on the bottom tonight. It's very unfortunate that it was so early. Maddie, Brooke, and Paige, you are all safe."

Paige sighed in relief and practically skipped off stage. "Jojo, step forward, too please." Jojo smiled to herself. She was surely safe. She couldn't wait to hear those three words.

"Congratulations, you are safe!" Jojo smiled and giggled. She ran off, her hair flying behind her. That only meant one thing, though. "Chloe, Zack, Kendall. You are on the bottom today. Maybe if you do good in the group, you'll stay."

Chloe nodded, and walked off, disappointed. There was a chance she could stay. Her technique was good and the intro was wonderful. She just had to prove it in the group.

Then, it was Nia's turn as a guest. Nia had been so happy to get the call. Her solo was perfected all ready. Everyone, especially Abby, loved her performance. Proud was an understatement.

"We are picking back up in the competition," Kevin announced. "This is an acro duet. And let me tell you, it's adorable. It's Mackenzie and Tyler. This is Let Me In."

Tyler walked onstage and went into the backbend he started in. When Mackenzie came on, boom. She stole the show. Tyler was falling behind, way behind. His timing was off and everything.

Tyler knew he messed up bad and even yelled to himself at the end. Mackenzie felt great. Her dance went amazing for her, and Abby even laughed to herself at the end about how adorable Kenz was.

"Abby, your thoughts?" Kevin asked.

"Well, let's start with Mackenzie," Abby said. "You were amazing! I was laughing about how adorable you were, and couldn't take my eyes off of you. Tyler, do you want to know why? An eleven-year-old out danced you. She was amazing, you were not."

Tyler nodded. "Thank you for your honesty." He tried to be strong on the outside, but was crushed. He was embarrassed more than anything. Mackenzie, better than him? No way.

The two walked off as Kevin began to announce the next dance. "Now we are back to lyrical. Who has heard of the song Tee Shirt? Because that is the dance Sophia and Asia are dancing!"

Asia and Sophia were like glue when they danced. They were on sync and matched up so well. Everyone loved it, and Kristie Ray even surprised Asia by showing up. She was crying when she saw it.

Rachelle was the one to give them their critiques. She boasted about how much she loved the timing, technique, facials, connection, and performance. Everyone else basically got the same critiques.

After Mia's solo, Tyler, Mackenzie, Sophia, Asia, Autumn, and Lucas walked back on. "Only one person on the bottom, it's pretty easy to guess. Tyler." Tyler shrugged, but was confident he wouldn't leave.

The group dance changed everything though. Kendall, Chloe, and Zack were flawless. Maddie didn't stand out, but that was okay. She wasn't on the bottom anyways.

The four bottom dancers stood on the stage after the group. Abby stood up at her seat. "Okay, let's start off with the girls. You guys, this was a tough decision. But we decided to let you guys stay another week."

Chloe let out a shaky breath and ran off stage into Paige's arms. It was just the boys now. "Zack, come forward please." Zack took a tiny step forward and Tyler crossed his fingers.

"You are safe. That means Tyler, you are leaving us. Thank you so much, you are amazing." Tyler nodded and started to cry. Everyone came on and gave him a hug. Both Atwood boys were gone. It was heart-breaking.

After all, everyone was like family.

sorry this is late at night! i hope you enjoyed and this is pretty long. were you surprised? and are you still confident that your favorite dancers are going to win? vote, comment, and answer the questions please!