a human?

"Okay, so I just ended up buying a ton of different things because I forgot what you guys like, sorry

"Okay, so I just ended up buying a ton of different things because I forgot what you guys like, sorry." Aaliyah giggled, placing two bags full of Chinese food down on the table before taking her backpack off too, sending fez a small smile from the other side of the kitchen.

"Oh my god finally, I was gettin hungry bruh." Ash grumbled, rushing into the kitchen only to be stopped in his tracks by Aaliyah.

"Um, excuse me? Have you even washed your hands?" She shot, making him groan and throw his head back in annoyance as he trudged back out of the kitchen.

Ten minutes later, the trio was sat at the table, eating their Chinese food happily while chattering absentmindedly between themselves.

"Also bruh, we got a surprise for you when you done eatin or whatever." Fez muttered, before shovelling another forkful of food into his mouth.

Ash's head perked up slightly at the word "surprise", being quite obvious it wasn't very often he received one of those.

They continued to eat, a comfortable silence falling onto them like a thick blanket as Aaliyah and fez stood up, beginning to clear away the now empty dishes.

"I'll do this baby, go get ash's surprise." Fez said quietly in Aaliyahs ear, making the shorter girl nod and grin as she rushed out of the kitchen.

She stood in fez's bedroom, taking a few deep breaths and running her fingers stressfully through her thick blonde hair before grabbing the gift bag she'd brought home and walking back through to the living room.

"Okay so, I guess I'm just going to give you a chance to open this before saying anything." Aaliyah said to ash, holding the gift bag out to him which he gratefully took.

Ash opened the bag, pulling out a very small box. He opened the box, and his eyes widened slightly.

The first thing he pulled out was a white babygrow, with Winnie the Pooh characters embroidered over the torso and sleeve area.

He gently set the baby grow onto the couch beside him, reaching in and now pulling out a small pair of white slippers, simple yet beautiful with a small white pompom on the outer side of each slipper. They were fit for a newborn.

Confusion crossed over ash's face as he pulled out a card. As he undid the envelope, Aaliyah noticed his hands shaking, making a small knot form in her stomach as she watched anxiously.

Fez gripped her hand lightly, giving it a gentle squeeze and smiling at her before they turned their attention back to ash.

Ash was quiet as he stared at the card in his hands. There was a grey heart, with a flap over it covering whatever was underneath.

Above the heart was an arrow, with "open this for the big news!" typed above it.

Ash gulped and opened the heart, tears filling his eyes straight away.

'You're going to be an uncle <3' the card read, and ash's whole body went numb for a few seconds.

He looked up at his brother and Aaliyah, sniffling slightly as he bit back the tears that were threatening to fall.

"You uh- are you for real?" Ash asked, wiping a stray tear that fell as Aaliyah and fez nodded slightly.

"Yeah it's. It's not too far along, and we've still got a long way to go, but yeah. Me and fez- we're having a baby." Aaliyah said softly, tears also filling her eyes at ash's reaction.

"Fuck. That's, like, amazin bro." Ash laughed slightly, wiping the rest of his tears before standing up and walking to the couple, pulling them into a small group hug. "Im so damn happy for the two of you. You deserve this."

Fez just nuzzled his face into his brothers shirt, breathing a sigh of relief at ashtrays happy response to the news.

"Thank you ash, we really appreciate it. Right, fez?" Aaliyah asked, pulling away and looking at her boyfriend who nodded a bit, smiling at his girlfriend.

Aaliyah's attention was snapped back to ash as he pulled a blunt from his wallet that was on the table, going to light it before Aaliyah stopped him almost straight away.

"Um? No. Not here, not inside, not around me or my baby, and that includes while I'm pregnant." Aaliyah said sternly, a confused look washing over ash's face before he burst out laughing.

"Wait, that must mean-" ash panted through his laughter, resting his hands on his knees as he tried to compose himself. "You can't be smokin no more blunts?! Hah! Sucks to suck bitch!" He called, cackling to himself as he ran down the hallway to his room, the faint slam of a door being heard behind him as fez and Aaliyah were left in silence.

"Well, that was quite the reaction." Aaliyah giggled, standing up and packing ash's presents away before placing the gift bag back on the coffee table.

"I mean, I expected him to lose his shit or sum but he was so calm, I'm real proud of him for takin dat so well baby." Fez mumbled, standing up and walking to her, wrapping his arms lightly around her waist and kissing her forehead lightly.

"Yeah, so did I. I guess that boy really does just take us by surprise sometimes." His girlfriend replied, sitting on the couch and pulling fez down next to her as she cuddled into him, flicking the tv onto some random movie and watching it in silence.

Aaliyah was so hopelessly in love with fez, and this baby was by far the best thing to have ever happened to the two of them, as individuals but also as a couple. But, little did they know, this pregnancy was also going to come with a fuck ton of hardships, and it was carrying things that Aaliyah and fez would've never prepared themselves for.

988

988