Chapter 1: Arriving in 2nd Honkai War

My head throbbed the moment my eyes slowly took a clear sight. I found myself floating in a strange whirlpool where hues of purple swirled around me with a blue spiraling mixed within. "Beautiful, yet another place to sight with nothingness" I lamented in a whispering voice as I took in my surroundings.

Thinking about what we talk about, "You will live and be born in that world, a world that was created and abandoned by the creator of it, a world that resembles what you yourself desire." She had told me, but what does she mean by that?

I spoke once more, clear and loud with delight, but strangely, my voice echoed like a chorus of overlapping whispers: "Will I live once again with my sister?" What was that? Its tone resembled Delta, adding more to those numerous voices whispering along with me.

Another thing: Did that person misunderstand something? Wait... She mentioned something about "memories." Now that I think about it, I already figured out where this will go...

*sigh* As my expectations soared, they swiftly crumbled, leaving me disheartened. Regret settled in; I should have guessed it when she said, "She looked into my memories."

Back then, to fight my boredom, I kept talking to myself in discussions about Honkai. Glancing at my own body, I observed a myriad of deep purple boxes constantly materializing and dissolving across my body—an infinite dance of momentary patterns.

As I descended deeper, the glow around me increased in size, signaling my close departure from the whirlpool void. It was then that I became aware of my newly formed body. Gratefully, the person responsible for my creation had not overlooked the details, ensuring that I was clothed. I mean, it's embarrassing for someone to see you naked, right?

Taking a moment to observe my surroundings, I realized that my physical body appeared unusually young. The idea of appearing in the world as a three- or four-year-old seemed odd. It is understandable if it was a teen or an adult; I would take it as transport, but as a child? Could I be residing in an orphanage or living under the care of adoptive parents? I won't take it as being reborn; it's weird to be born as a three- or four-year-old in a womb. Being born as an adult already seems familiar...

As soon as I departed the "Beautiful Nothingness," the portal dissolved in a particle. I looked around at the devastated place. "So, among the likely things that could happen that I thought of, what I got is none of the above?" I voiced quietly as I stared at the wreckage lying before my eyes.

As my gaze roamed, I caught a glimpse of myself in a shattered mirror— resembling Delta but with a more young appearance, with an unexpected long tail trailing behind me. It struck me as reminiscent of a game, a detail I had somehow overlooked until now inside the "Beautiful Nothingness." In the distance, not far away, the sorrowful cries of an infant caught my ears.

While drawn towards the source of the heart-wrenching cry, my consciousness began to weaken, perhaps as a consequence of traveling from one world to another, maybe?. As I neared the infant, it collapsed just a short distance away. Yet, in my fading sight, I saw the approach of other figures; their intentions were uncertain. Are we safe? or not?

Twelve long years have slipped by since the Siberian army took us to their side. That fateful day, as my consciousness slipped from my grasp, memories disappeared. Yet, amidst the emotionality of my past, an awareness remained. In the world of dreams, my past life flashed before me, at first ignored as a mere dream. But with weird precision, every place, every name, and every organization found there was also real in this reality. It was a truth I could no longer deny.

Our mission now: is to subjugate the demoness. Assigned by our superiors, it's a task flooded with risk. The fight has been brutal, our comrades felled like a wheat before the scythe. Only Bronya and I remain, in the middle of the snow-blanketed battlefield. I crouch low, blade in hand, poised to strike the final blow against our opponent.

Bronya, shouted, "Die, you evil witch!" and charged at the target. The demoness, still unaware of my presence, offered an opportunity for me to engage her in her blind spot. I wanted to test my strength against hers and discover the extent of my abilities.

"You have a spirit; I like that, but I need you to stay-!" she began before suddenly halting her words, swiftly evading my blade. Her agility surprised me, showing me that I couldn't afford to hold back against this tough opponent. I knew she wouldn't be easily defeated by someone like us.

"To think they'll send two famous little assassins to kill me," she said with a trace of amusement, "but you two are too young for someone like me." I began a persistent attack, denying her any chance to counter, while Bronya climbed a tree, preparing her pistol for a shot.

I swung my blade strategically, forcing the demoness to dodge towards Bronya's shooting range. The plan was in action, but she quickly caught on. She evaded and sprinted toward a tree, seeking a blind spot. I pursued her, but she disappeared from my sight, leaving me momentarily confused.

"It appears that I underestimated you two, but this is the end of the game," she declared, holding the unconscious Bronya. I hadn't anticipated her targeting the sniper first, and that realization hit me — my excitement had clouded my judgment. I needed better control over my emotions.

Bronya was meant to take the shot after the demoness dodged my attack. Yet, if the target managed to evade, I was supposed to stall her without getting close to Bronya. Knowing her now, she would likely have seen through our scheme, making our defeat inevitable from the start.

"Just as I thought we didn't have any chance to begin with," I muttered to her, tightening my grip on the double blade, preparing for the last confrontation.

"Heh, so you would choose to give up now, then things will-!" The Demoness couldn't finish her sentence as I unexpectedly charged at her. Surprisingly, she managed to dodge my surprise attack effortlessly.

"I'm afraid, but I will fight until the end," I yelled, launching a series of attacks while deftly dodging her counterstrikes. "A hard-to-tame type, huh? Then don't blame me for fighting back seriously, little girl," she said.

With my double blade, I pressed on, attempting to catch her off guard. Cocolia skillfully evaded each of my strikes, moving with grace. In a daring move, I pounced onward, hoping to pierce her, but she dodged, and my blade pierced a nearby tree, leaving me momentarily helpless.Seizing the opportunity, she prepared to strike back, but I quickly raised both hands, signaling surrender. "I give up."

"Why a sudden change of heart? And how can you be sure I won't kill you two? After trying to assassinate me?" she questioned, suspicion in her voice."I'm at a disadvantage without my weapon, and I know you won't do that; if so, you would have killed me or Bronya with that gun, considering your strength," I replied, feeling the weight of exhaustion sinking in. Cocolia watched me warily before catching me as I slumped, on the brink of collapse.