Chapter XXII: Little sister

Start from the beginning

"It turned you on, huh?" Theo's smirk grew into a grin, his dimples making an appearance.

"Mhm," I pressed my lips to his in a soft manner. His hand came up to brush hair behind my ears while he kissed me back.

"We should probably go to the rink before Wilson comes looking for us," he pecked my temples and pulled me up.

Both of us pulled on our skates and I stretched my arms while he put on his pads and uniform. I admired his biceps while he laughed at me ogling him. He found it extremely amusing though he knew full well he would do the same if roles were switched.

After we came out of the locker room the curious stares from the guys were evident. And then I decided to mess with them. It was too much fun.

"You could improve your stick work, Kingston. I'm a professional at that," My remark made Dean choke on the water he was chugging. JJ was even better.

"Theo, you made me wet," After he purposely poured water on me. I heard JJ start coughing behind me and I could barely suppress my laugh.

The rest of the practice was pretty uneventful. I just made them work on stuff that we failed at the last game. There was no time for sloppiness. This championship was important, not just for the school's team but for each of the players. Scouts were at every game. You mess up, you screw your chances of making it onto a prestige team.

Their career depended on this championship. All of them needed to show their skill to make it onto big teams so they could earn money with it. It was a lot of pressure in a short span of time. And I was also a factor now.

I, as a coach, wanted to see them make it far and make it onto the highest ranking teams. It would mean that I did my job well. But as a friend I wanted to see their dreams come true, to see them be happy.

All of them had talked my ear off about which teams they want to be on. And the goals they set for themselves were reachable. But with the number of college teams and players all over the world jumping out and being unique was hard.

From my standpoint, I knew that each and every one of Ridgeview's teams' players had traits that others on the team didn't. Not one player on this team resembled another. Each and every one of them was unique. I just hoped that the scouts would see them.

The concept of the selection was very stress-inducing. You had one opportunity to convince an important person that you're worth it. To convince them you are capable of being the best, that you are the best. And that one moment could change your life, either for the better or for the worst.

Two big hands wrapped around my torso. The smell of peppermint and sweet cologne followed. His head came up to balance on my shoulder.

"You. Me. 8 pm, tomorrow. Date number two," Theo grins.

"Are you telling me or asking me?" I throw him a side glance.

"Both," he chuckles making me laugh too.

"Okay," I turn back to look at the guys completing the last of my exercises before the coach comes in.

"I'll see you later, pretty girl," he kisses my ear and skates off.

I bid my goodbyes to the team before heading off for my classes. These four months have been so calm in terms of classes. I always thought senior year would be extremely hard but mostly it's the same as the rest of my college journey.

I was a pretty bright kid in school, always at the top of my class. A lot of it was because I wanted to make my parents proud. And they were. When I brought home flawless report cards I finally felt like they could see me. Spencer had it easier.

Step of FaithOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara