SEVENTEEN

chelseafc Anfield arrival

chelseafc
Anfield arrival.👋
benchilwell  masonmount reecejames
#LIVCHE #CFC #Chelsea #PremierLeague
liked by rossbarkley, benchilwell and 308,492 others

tap to load comments...

Chelsea vs Liverpool
📍Anfield, Liverpool

Laia stretched her legs as she exited the bus and started walking to the dressing room behind the rest of the team, only after giving some high fives to fans lined up behind barriers outside. She was on the bench today due to her almost healed foot injury, so she was dressed in plain clothes with a Chelsea hat on her head, since the German was sidelined today there were changes made in the squad compared to the teams last match.

Chelsea's starting 11 against Liverpool:
Edouard Mendy in goal.
Defenders: Antonio Rüdiger, Andreas Christensen, César Azpilicueta.
Midfielders: Marcos Alonso, Jorginho, N'Golo Kanté and Reece James.
Forwards: Romelu Lukaku, Mason Mount and Kai Havertz.

The dressing room was full of focus before the team went to warm up, Laia patted a few backs before sitting in her allocated spot next to Mason, due to her number being 18 she was sat in between Mason and Edouard Mendy both of which were in their element making the girl choose to put her AirPods in to try not disturb them.

Once the boys had finished warming up on the pitch it was time to line up in the tunnel, she clapped her hands together and told them to put up a good performance against Liverpool.
Once all the substitutes had sat down on the bench along side the girl, the boys had finished lining up and were now at the half way now waiting for Anthony Taylor to blow his whistle indicating he start of the match. The girl missed her bench buddy, Tammy had transferred to A.S Roma the previous week leaving his former teammates sad that they had lost yet another friend through the most recent transfer window now to an Italian club thousands of miles away.

The girl didn't have enough time to think about it because Liverpool were pressing Chelsea heavily within the first few opening minutes of the match, nerves built up within her as a close attempt from Henderson had just gone wide of the goal. However those nerves were put at bay 21 minutes in when Kai had scored a header by a corner taken by Reece putting Chelsea 1-0 up.
Chelsea's confidence grew for a few minutes after the goal, with Mason making a good run with Lukaku as support, however when Mason had made the shot it had just gone wide of the net making the boy lie on the floor with his hands on his face wondering how he missed that.

Things had gotten worse for Chelsea as a few minutes minutes into added time Liverpool were awarded a corner making all the a Chelsea players crowd into the box, once the cross came in from Andy Robertson the Liverpool players scrapped to the ball in attempts to score and after many close attempts hitting the cross bar or being cleared away only temporarily Liverpool players gestured for handball. The nerves reappeared as the big monitor in the stadium showed that VAR was looking into it halting the match for a few minutes, Anthony Taylor signalled that he was going to have a look at the monitor and that's when her heart dropped, the video was played back on the teams computer at the bench on the live feed. Reece was on the line trying to clear the ball, however he had accidentally put his arm out allowing the ball to bounce off it, that's when they all knew a penalty was going to go Liverpool's way but what they didn't expect was Anthony Taylor pulling out the red card indicating that Reece was being sent off.

That's when the whole Chelsea bench got up and started protesting against the card, Thomas Tuchel was now shouting in the face of the fourth official next to him on how that was a red card. The young Chelsea player walked towards the tunnel with Liverpool fans cheering 'goodbye', when arguing to the ref about the card Antonio Rüdiger was booked leaving the defender even more mad than before. Edouard Mendy was also booked when trying to distract Mo Salah before his penalty, however Edou's efforts were wasted as the Egyptian scored the equaliser which put the two teams level at the break.

The struggles only continued for the blues as Liverpool were trying to take advantage of Chelsea's weakness as they had been brought down to ten men before the break, high pressing was expected from Liverpool by Thomas Tuchel making him replace Kai Havertz with Thiago Silva after half time. However by some sort of miracle Chelsea had managed to hold off Liverpool earning them one point as the game ended 1-1 with both sides equalising, this put Chelsea on the top of the table for the time being.

Thomas Tuchel praised his team when they all returned to the changing room, impressed with how they didn't concede a goal with only ten men. The boys comforted an annoyed and pissed Reece James and eventually got into their own individual conversations, Mason was confused how the girl hadn't uttered one word to him this whole trip and how she only talked to Edou the whole time they were in the changing room.

"Don't ignore me Lai". He whispered into her ear for nobody to hear.

"What makes you think I am Mase?". She mirrored his whispered tone, as goosebumps appeared on her body due to his breath falling onto her ear making the girl try and keep her eyes open.

"I think your still thinking about last night, like I am". A cocky smile forming on his face when she stayed silent.

The only thing going through her mind was 'what is going on?' and how she was going to stay focused if they continued like this. But Laia was up for a challenge and she wasn't going to back away from this one, she was going to tease Mason back like he was teasing her.

Game on.