"Argh, stop! You're a mad man, Arthur. Now why in the hell do you care what everyone thinks about your love life?" Regis barked, cutting into my thoughts.

"..." My insides raged—but no words came as I gritted my teeth at Regis's words.

Seeing my silence, he continued. "Have you learnt nothing? For crying out loud, you considered your best friend's feelings in your past life, and let him have the girl you liked. How did it end?"

I snapped. "No it's not the same! That was my old life—"

"It's not the same. And it's not your fault. What I'm trying to say is...you cannot control the fate. Some things are uncontrollable and unpredictable, no matter how much you plan for it. Did you plan to kiss a twelve year old after coming to this world?" He shot back.

I lowered my head. "N-No..."

"Ofcourse not! Same way, you didn't plan to meet someone from an enemy continent and end up befriending her. You both spent time together, fighting together, grew closer in time. One thing led to another, and you ended up kissing her. See that was unpredictable. It was fated." He quipped.

"..." I stayed silent, letting him speak as his words carried some truth to it.

"Besides, why are you looking at things with pessimism? This women, that had chosen to help out a stranger—an enemy, a war general—in hopes of seeing him achieve his goals, to stand by his side, in return for nothing but a chance—a chance to be with him.

She might be a traitor to her own continent, but she chose to give her true allegiance to the one she love.

Would you have not done the same? The time you begged Agrona to let your family live in safety in turn for leaving the war, the continent behind? That was you!" He paused. His words struck my heart deeply. It was true that I did do such a thing. I chose love over duty.

"Caera might be what you need to show Dicathians, that not all Alacryans are bad. She can be the example, that even people of power and authority need not choose war and hate, over love and peace.

She could be the reason to unite the two continents together.

As I'm not sure how you will face the asuras of Epheotus without their help...I may be a god weapon but I can only do much". He finished, shooting me a smug look.

I groaned impatiently. "Ugh fine! What do you think I should do? Take Caera with me when I go back?"

Regis wiggled his nonexistent eyebrows as a sly grin formed on his vulpine face. "Yes. And kiss her in front of your family and friends. That sure will show that Alacryans and Dicathians can fall in love with each other and live together in harmony—"

"W-WHAT!? REGIS! I swear—" I yelled, my face starting to warm up.

Regis rolled his eyes, unperturbed. "Jeez. I don't know why you're mad about that. Are you getting mad because you have to kiss Caera again? Or, is it because you think you will like the kiss, and want more in the future?"

He barked out a laugh.

"S-Shut up! And stop reading my thoughts!" I shot back, trying not to feel embarrassed at the words he had spoken. He wasn't wrong.

I kissed Caera. And I liked it. It was the truth.

But I shouldn't like it! I already have Tess. Or I had Tess?

No, I don't know anymore!

My train of thoughts, derailed, becoming senseless and chaotic as my mind entered a state of mess and panic.