02 || everywhere.

--02. everywhere

。.。:+* ゚ ゜゚ *+:。.。:+* ゚ ゜゚ *+:。.。

"coming tonight?" mary looked at jensen, who was poking her mashed potatoes.

jensen glanced up with a sigh, "not really my scene mj."

"weren't you a cheerleader at your last school?" deana raised one of her eyebrows.

jensen shook her head, crossing her arms and resting them on the table. "i'm starting fresh remember? new school, new me."

"i think i like you just fine jens," mary assured her with a smile. jensen smiled back, setting her chin on the top of her arms.

"besides, my grades are already way better here than they were before because i don't have so much else to focus on. i think mr. feeny is liking my work," jensen said happily.

"how'd you do on our last quiz anyways?" deana inquired.

"a hundred and three," jensen scratched the back of her head.

"you whore!" mary scoffed.

"such crude language in the john adams cafeteria!" jensen gasped.

"how in the hell did you get better than a perfect score?" deana set her fork down and crossed her arms.

"did you not see the extra credit question at the back of the test?" jensen shook her head.

mary and deana looked at each other, jaws dropped. "no!"

"it was an essay question on whether or not fdr continuing his presidency past the two terms was the right decision."

"i've gotta start paying more attention," deana groaned, "my mom is gonna crucify me if i get lower than a b on that test we took the other day in chemistry. and you know what that means?"

"no homecoming football game," mary and jensen said in unison.

"that would be the end of me," deana shook her head.

"the end?" jensen raised her eyebrows.

"the. end."

mary laughed, "you and your football."

"i'm just saying-"

"hi," and like that, there he was again. jensen looked through her eyelashes at her friends who were looking at the boy looming above them with a smile.

oh god.

"helloo?" he said again, ducking down and looking at her from the edge of the table. she flashed him a short polite smile. "sorry to interrupt your delicious lunch of mush but i just wanted to ask her a question."

jensen looked at him fully, pointing at herself. "me?"

"that's what i said, isn't it?" he looked at mary and deana to confirm.

they just stared at him.

"oh come on, i just had to ask," he paused, his eyes appearing somehwat brighter, "wheezie, a question."

jensen face palmed, "my name is not wheezie, i refuse to answer to that."

"you just did."

jensen stood up, grabbing her tray of food. "i'm not doing this, i will be going anywhere but here," jensen said firmly, walking swiftly away to get rid of the remainder of her lunch.

she moved briskly out of the loud cafeteria and into the hall, going wherever her feet would take her. this wasn't the first time he approached her like this, she couldn't make sense of it. why did he keep showing up? all these times since the first day of school and he still hadn't bothered to even ask her name.