New Beginning: Part 1

But, that all happened seven years ago. I have grown into a mature man. Fortunato stayed the same, always around women like the player that he is. I, for the other hand, I would try to politely put them down. My mother made me move on from Elena with another girl named Rosalin, but I didn't feel the same way. Both of them had the same interests as me, but Elena was more gentle and funny, meanwhile, Rosalin she was very quiet and serious at times. I broke up with Rosalin and for my surprise, she understood why I wanted to break up with her. She told me, ¨I know that I can't replace Elena...and I won't argue with you. I just wanted to tell you that...if you need something I will be here for you. And after all, I wanted to ask you if we could be friends because you would be very awkward whenever we will go on our dates. Hehehe.¨ I smiled. At least I wasn't alone. But today....I saw Fortunato. It made my blood boil. Just remembering that he was the reason why Elena had to go far away from me. And he even had the courage to talk to me. ¨Hey! Montresor, how is life?¨, he said with a smile as if we were friends. I just pretended that I didn't hear him. ¨MONTRESSOR! Gosh! Is this how you treat your childhood friend?¨, he said as he approached me. ¨What do you want Fortunato?¨, I said in a cold voice. ¨Woah! Why the attitude?¨, he said in a joking voice. ¨You don't remember what you did? How you took her away from me?!¨, I started to get angry. ¨Ohhh. That, yeah sorry about that. But, hey, we can try to be friends again if you want.¨, he kept saying in a very carefree voice. Ḯ grabbed his shirt and yelled at him, ¨WHY WOULD I BE FRIENDS WITH SOMEONE WHO PUSHED AWAY THE ONE WHO I LOVED?!?¨ He punched me in the face and said, ¨That is payback for punching me in my face. But since I am a good friend I will forgive you. So what do you say, friends?¨, he said offering me help to stand back up. I thought it through I will start my plan to get revenge. ¨.....Sure we can be friends, again.¨, I replied. ¨Great! And to celebrate let us go to the bar. And let's get you a new girl.¨, he said laughing. ¨I have a better idea. How about we go do a mini party just me and you with some girls. And with some Amontillado and other wine.¨ He nodded his head and said, ¨You haven't changed, huh, you still like partying. Then what time do you want me to come?¨, he said in a very curious voice. I suggested for him to come at 9:00 in the night. Meanwhile, I grabbed a few things to make him believe that it was a real party. I grabbed balloons, wine, made some panunto con provatura fresca, and some ravioli. Whenever the time came, I was ready dressed up. I was wearing a black suit with black gloves. We were in the deep woods. Many people don't come out in the night to the forest since they say that they are creatures in the forest. I heard the sticks and leaves on the ground cracking as Fortunato was coming.