fifty four | things that go boom

Start from the beginning

After he looked away from Sofia, Victor scratched the side of his head with a finger as he said, "Bring him out."

While a man stepped out to be seen by Sofia, Oswald said to Sofia, "Allow me to introduce you to the Dentist. And he is not the kind who gives out lollipops after the visit." While Victor nodded his head to himself, Oswald turned to look back at Sofia as he said to her, "I would have had Annabelle do the honors, since she's much better at torture than the Dentist but knowing her, she would probably kill you and I need you alive in order to get the information I need, so that's that."

Sofia quickly looked back over at Annabelle and saw that her veins were now on display before she looked back at the Dentist, while Victor snapped his fingers and a couple of his men also entered the room.

The men walked over to Sofia and grabbed her to take her to another room, where she would be tortured for information.

While Sofia was forcibly removed from the room they were in and into another, Victor leaned in towards Annabelle and quietly said to her, "What do you know? You were right, after all."

Annabelle chuckled as she smirked at the mere thought of Sofia being covered in her own blood once more before she replied, "I told you once before, Victor, and I'll tell you again. I'm never wrong. Not once in my life have I ever been wrong about something like this and it would do you well to remember this moment."

In turn, Victor said, "Hmm."

Then both he and Annabelle looked over at Oswald, while he started to go on a rather tiresome tirade about how he should never trust another person that came to him.

Well, unless the person was Annabelle Mikaelson, who he planned on apologizing profusely to for not believing what she was saying about Sofia Falcone.

* * *

While he eyed Martin, who was sitting in his chair, Oswald said with a laugh, "You'll grow into it. Because of you, I was able to vanquish my enemy." As he turned away from Martin and limped towards a window, he said, "And now that you've proven yourself, I see a beautiful future ahead of you. I have so much wisdom to impart."

Then he quickly turned around and pointed at Martin as he said, "And if you pay attention, one day all of this could be yours." When Martin slowly shook his head, Oswald asked him, "What's wrong?"

Martin simply grabbed the board he had hung around his neck and pulled off the cap for his pen and started to write on one of the blank sheets of paper, while Oswald limped over to him.

After a couple seconds of writing on the paper, he turned the board around to face Oswald and showed two words that were written on it.

The words being 'I lied'.

Oswald slowly looked away from the board and up to Martin's face as he asked with raised eyebrows, "What are you talking about?" While Martin turned the board back to himself, Oswald asked him, "You mean, you did not see Sofia kissing Gordon?"

Martin ripped off the sheet of paper and started to write once more.

After he finished writing and turned the board to face Oswald once more, Oswald said, "'She wanted me to tell you they kissed'. Why would she do that? Unless... She knew exactly how I would respond. She wanted me to confront her. Even torture her."

After he walked into Oswald's life with Annabelle and carrying a phone in his hands, Victor shared a glance with her before he said to Oswald, "Boss, we have a problem." After Oswald quickly turned around to look at them, Victor told him, "The Dentist is gone."